Is it possible to use MQ 5.3 on windows without domain cotroller ? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Is it possible to use MQ 5.3 on windows without domain cotroller ? - Websphere ; Is it possible to use MQ 5.3 on windows without domain cotroller ? how to do this Thanks...

  1. Is it possible to use MQ 5.3 on windows without domain cotroller ?

    Is it possible to use MQ 5.3 on windows without domain cotroller ?

    how to do this

    Thanks

  2. Re: Is it possible to use MQ 5.3 on windows without domain cotroller ?

    Why should you need a domain controller?

    You can have an MQ server on a single Windows PC to be used with Unix
    clients. Or MQ clients (Windows and Unix) using an iSeries MQ server without
    any domain controller (that's our config).

    --

    Christian Gstalder

    "Jean-Pierre Romeyer" a écrit dans le
    message de news:dnp2mb$8eq6$1@news.boulder.ibm.com...
    > Is it possible to use MQ 5.3 on windows without domain cotroller ?
    >

    > how to do this
    >

    > Thanks

  3. Re: Is it possible to use MQ 5.3 on windows without domain cotroller ?

    Christian,

    thank's for your help

    The MQ server 5.3 was installed and configure to use a domain controller,
    and now if the domain controller is not online the Mq server not work
    properly
    (MQ explorer cannot start queue manager , ...)

    how to get back and configure the MQ server as a single PC

    Thank you

    "Christian Gstalder" a écrit dans le message
    de news:dnp7ra$8b8s$1@news.boulder.ibm.com...
    > Why should you need a domain controller?
    >
    > You can have an MQ server on a single Windows PC to be used with Unix
    > clients. Or MQ clients (Windows and Unix) using an iSeries MQ server

    without
    > any domain controller (that's our config).
    >
    > --
    >
    > Christian Gstalder
    >

    > "Jean-Pierre Romeyer" a écrit dans le
    > message de news:dnp2mb$8eq6$1@news.boulder.ibm.com...
    > > Is it possible to use MQ 5.3 on windows without domain cotroller ?
    > >

    > > how to do this
    > >

    > > Thanks

  4. Re: Is it possible to use MQ 5.3 on windows without domain cotroller ?

    It may be worth reviewing some of the published docs on this. Try this
    section and the pages beneath it:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...oc/amq523x.htm

    It sounds like some part of WMQ is trying to use a domain ID rather than a
    local ID, and so when the domain is offline, it doesn't work.

    Hope this helps
    Martin.

    "Jean-Pierre Romeyer" wrote in message
    > Christian,
    >
    > thank's for your help
    >
    > The MQ server 5.3 was installed and configure to use a domain controller,
    > and now if the domain controller is not online the Mq server not work
    > properly
    > (MQ explorer cannot start queue manager , ...)
    >
    > how to get back and configure the MQ server as a single PC
    >
    > Thank you
    >

    > "Christian Gstalder" a écrit dans le
    > message
    > de news:dnp7ra$8b8s$1@news.boulder.ibm.com...
    >> Why should you need a domain controller?
    >>
    >> You can have an MQ server on a single Windows PC to be used with Unix
    >> clients. Or MQ clients (Windows and Unix) using an iSeries MQ server

    > without
    >> any domain controller (that's our config).
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Christian Gstalder
    >>

    >> "Jean-Pierre Romeyer" a écrit dans le
    >> message de news:dnp2mb$8eq6$1@news.boulder.ibm.com...
    >> > Is it possible to use MQ 5.3 on windows without domain cotroller ?
    >> >

    >> > how to do this
    >> >

    >> > Thanks

  5. Re: Is it possible to use MQ 5.3 on windows without domain cotroller ?

    OK I run the preparation wizard again
    give the computername as domain name and a local acount
    it works fine

    thank you very much for all theses informations

    "Martin G" a écrit dans le message de
    > It may be worth reviewing some of the published docs on this. Try this
    > section and the pages beneath it:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...oc/amq523x.htm

    > It sounds like some part of WMQ is trying to use a domain ID rather than a
    > local ID, and so when the domain is offline, it doesn't work.
    >
    > Hope this helps
    > Martin.
    >

    > "Jean-Pierre Romeyer" wrote in message
    > > Christian,
    > >
    > > thank's for your help
    > >
    > > The MQ server 5.3 was installed and configure to use a domain

    controller,
    > > and now if the domain controller is not online the Mq server not work
    > > properly
    > > (MQ explorer cannot start queue manager , ...)
    > >
    > > how to get back and configure the MQ server as a single PC
    > >
    > > Thank you
    > >

    > > "Christian Gstalder" a écrit dans le
    > > message
    > > de news:dnp7ra$8b8s$1@news.boulder.ibm.com...
    > >> Why should you need a domain controller?
    > >>
    > >> You can have an MQ server on a single Windows PC to be used with Unix
    > >> clients. Or MQ clients (Windows and Unix) using an iSeries MQ server

    > > without
    > >> any domain controller (that's our config).
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Christian Gstalder
    > >>

    > >> "Jean-Pierre Romeyer" a écrit dans le
    > >> message de news:dnp2mb$8eq6$1@news.boulder.ibm.com...