Fresh question of ibm mq - Websphere

This is a discussion on Fresh question of ibm mq - Websphere ; Hi all: I'm a new learner of ibm mq have a question: I set up two mq server in two machines, a windows xp pro and the other is windows2003 server. There are two Queue Managers running in each machine. ...

  1. Fresh question of ibm mq

    Hi all:
    I'm a new learner of ibm mq have a question:

    I set up two mq server in two machines, a windows xp pro and the other is windows2003 server.
    There are two Queue Managers running in each machine. In each qm server, I can create channel to transmit messages successfully and, in case of test, I can create channel to transmit messages successfully in two mq servers in two winxp pro machines. But, after creating channel between queue managers in win2003 and winxp pro, when I start the channel, it keeps retrying. When I start the channel at mqsc command, it return the error:" AMQ6047: Conversion not supported". The win2003 is not a domain controller.

    Any idea if you have, pls tell me! thks!

  2. Re: Fresh question of ibm mq

    lihs@xkit.net wrote:

    > Hi all:
    > I'm a new learner of ibm mq have a question:
    >
    > I set up two mq server in two machines, a windows xp pro and the other is windows2003 server.
    > There are two Queue Managers running in each machine. In each qm server, I can create channel to transmit messages successfully and, in case of test, I can create channel to transmit messages successfully in two mq servers in two winxp pro machines. But, after creating channel between queue managers in win2003 and winxp pro, when I start the channel, it keeps retrying. When I start the channel at mqsc command, it return the error:" AMQ6047: Conversion not supported". The win2003 is not a domain controller.
    >

    > Any idea if you have, pls tell me! thks!

    It sounds as though the system codepage on your Windows 2003 machine is
    different to that on your Windows XP machine, and the queue manager at the
    failing end does not know how to convert from one to the other.

    The simplest solution is to make sure you use the same codepage everywhere.
    Unfortunately I'm not a Windows expert, so I can't tell you how to find and/or
    change that setting.

    Hope this helps,

    Phil
    --
    WebSphere MQ Distributed Development/Performance

+ Reply to Thread