MQ5.3 with Spring JMS: Error (MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2012) - Websphere

This is a discussion on MQ5.3 with Spring JMS: Error (MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2012) - Websphere ; Hi, Can anyone help? I have a spring/jms app which run fine with MQv6 server (app and MQServer 6 in same box). But when I put the same app into another server with MQv5.3 Server (app and MQServer5.3 same box) ...

  1. MQ5.3 with Spring JMS: Error (MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2012)

    Hi, Can anyone help?
    I have a spring/jms app which run fine with MQv6 server (app and
    MQServer 6 in same box). But when I put the same app into another
    server with MQv5.3 Server (app and MQServer5.3 same box) with identical
    MQ Manager and Queues, it give me this error:

    org.springframework.jms.UncategorizedJmsException: Uncategorized
    exception occured during JMS processing; nested exception is
    javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for
    'TGWKL55P'; nested exception is com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001:
    Completion Code 2, Reason 2012
    javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for
    'TGWKL55P'
    at
    com.ibm.mq.jms.services.ConfigEnvironment.newExcep tion(ConfigEnvironment.java:586)
    at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnection.createQM(MQConnection. java:2110)
    at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnection.createQMNonXA(MQConnec tion.java:1532)
    at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnection.(MQQueueConnection.java:150)

    What is the problem? Is there a difference in the environment setting
    in 5.3 from 6? Or do I have to enable JMS in 5.3 somewhere?? and How?

    Thanks in advance!

    Regards,
    Thomas

  2. Re: MQ5.3 with Spring JMS: Error (MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2012)

    The original JMS available with MQ v5.3 didn't support all of the features
    of JMS today. Support for JMS1.1, in particular, was added quite some time
    later after MQ v5.3 came out, so you might need to update your MQ v5.3. See
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg24010287

  3. Re: MQ5.3 with Spring JMS: Error (MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2012)

    Thanks Carl for the info, I will make sure the pack is installed. However, I'm using the spring JMStemplate for 102 as follow:

    bean id="jmsTemplateOut" class="org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate102">
    property name="connectionFactory" ref="jmsConnectionFactory"/>
    property name="destinationResolver" ref="jmsDestinationResolver"/>
    property name="defaultDestinationName" ref="jmsOutQueue"/>
    property name="receiveTimeout" value="20000"/>
    /bean>

    Does it matter if even if the fix is not installed? The error code 2012 is an environment setting error, which I couldn't quite understand where I have miseed, as I have set the CLASSPATH=/opt/mqm/java/lib/com.ibm.mq.jar:/opt/mqm/java/lib/com.ibm.mqjms.jar:/opt/mqm/samp/java/base:/opt/mqm/samp/jms,
    MQ_JAVA_INSTALL_PATH=/opt/mqm/java,
    MQ_JAVA_DATA_PATH=/opt/mqm/java/lib,
    MQ_JAVA_LIB_PATH=/opt/mqm/java/lib, and
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mqm/java/lib

    thx

  4. Re: MQ5.3 with Spring JMS: Error (MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2012)

    I would also like to add that i'm connecting through binding mode.

    Another interesting progress is that I'm able to connect with 5.3 using client mode, but not binding mode. Any idea why?

  5. Re: MQ5.3 with Spring JMS: Error (MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2012)

    Hi Thomas,

    The reason code 2012 is MQRC_ENVIRONMENT_ERROR. I can be 100% sure about
    this, but is it possible that the application libraries / jar files you're
    using were created for MQ v6 and they are not backward-compatible with MQ
    v5.3 ? Generally this is not a problem going in the other direction - eg.
    MQ v5.3 to MQ v6, but if the code you're using relies on functionality
    that's new in MQ v6 then this may explain what you're seeing. So, I suggest
    it's important to check out the spring/jms supported releases of MQ and/or
    get their view on whether it's possible to use them with MQ v5.3

    Hope this helps,

    Martin.

    wrote in message
    news:1368260496.1130736110424.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas007.sby.ibm.com...
    > Hi, Can anyone help?
    > I have a spring/jms app which run fine with MQv6 server (app and
    > MQServer 6 in same box). But when I put the same app into another
    > server with MQv5.3 Server (app and MQServer5.3 same box) with identical
    > MQ Manager and Queues, it give me this error:
    >
    > org.springframework.jms.UncategorizedJmsException: Uncategorized
    > exception occured during JMS processing; nested exception is
    > javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for
    > 'TGWKL55P'; nested exception is com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001:
    > Completion Code 2, Reason 2012
    > javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for
    > 'TGWKL55P'
    > at
    > com.ibm.mq.jms.services.ConfigEnvironment.newExcep tion(ConfigEnvironment.java:586)
    > at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnection.createQM(MQConnection. java:2110)
    > at
    > com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnection.createQMNonXA(MQConnec tion.java:1532)
    > at
    > com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnection.(MQQueueConnection.java:150)
    >
    > What is the problem? Is there a difference in the environment setting
    > in 5.3 from 6? Or do I have to enable JMS in 5.3 somewhere?? and How?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Thomas

  6. Re: MQ5.3 with Spring JMS: Error (MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason2012)

    Martin G wrote:
    > The reason code 2012 is MQRC_ENVIRONMENT_ERROR. I can be 100% sure about
    > this

    Sorry I meant "... *can't* be sure ..."

    Martin.

  7. Re: MQ5.3 with Spring JMS: Error (MQJE001: Completion Code 2,Reason<br> 2012)

    So what was the issue in this case? how did you resolve it?

  8. Re: MQ5.3 with Spring JMS: Error (MQJE001: Completion Code 2,Reason<br> 2012)

    In my case the solution was to export these environment variables:

    export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mqm/java/lib -- path to MQ's .so

+ Reply to Thread