Intermittent MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR error - Websphere

This is a discussion on Intermittent MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR error - Websphere ; We are making mq calls to a local queue manager from a vb .net application that is running as a windows service. We get intermittent MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR exceptions. The application will run for some time, and then the exception will be ...

  1. Intermittent MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR error

    We are making mq calls to a local queue manager from a vb.net application that is running as a windows service. We get intermittent MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR exceptions. The application will run for some time, and then the exception will be thrown. We can not recreate it. The error number is 2058.
    Has anyone run into this sort of problem? Could this be triggered from the channel being closed due to inactivity? Any help is appreciated.

  2. Re: Intermittent MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR error

    I am getting this error while i converted my application into service. As exe it is connecting to QueueManager, But as windows service my service giving MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR message.

    mvander
    If u find the solution please send it to me immediatly. Thanks in advance

  3. Re: Intermittent MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR error

    > I am getting this error while i converted my
    > application into service. As exe it is connecting to
    > QueueManager, But as windows service my service
    > giving MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR message.
    >
    > mvander
    > If u find the solution please send it to me
    > me immediatly. Thanks in advance

    We are getting exactly the same problem. Have had any luck in tracking this down?
    In our case it appears to be specific to a Windows 2000 machine

  4. Re: Intermittent MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR error

    I wonder if either of these URLs help you solve the problem?

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...oc/amq25da.htm
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...csqzaf0850.htm

    Martin

    wrote in message
    news:1494925312.1134734348498.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas007.sby.ibm.com...
    >> I am getting this error while i converted my
    >> application into service. As exe it is connecting to
    >> QueueManager, But as windows service my service
    >> giving MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR message.
    >>
    >> mvander
    >> If u find the solution please send it to me
    >> me immediatly. Thanks in advance
    >>

    > We are getting exactly the same problem. Have had any luck in tracking
    > this down?
    > In our case it appears to be specific to a Windows 2000 machine

  5. Re: Intermittent MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR error

    Neither of those cover the issue.

    On the same box an app running as an exe can connect to MQ, while the another application running as a windows service as the same user cannot connect to the queue manager.

  6. Re: Intermittent MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR error

    The same code running as a normal .exe or as a service (these are also .exes
    as far as I know) should not have different results when trying to connect.
    Maybe there is some material difference in (a) the MQCONNX parameters in use
    by the two - or in (b) the MQSERVER environment variable they are using, or
    in (c) the client channel table environment variables they are using?
    Sorry, I can't be sure - but it seems likely that one of the three ideas
    above could explain a difference in MQCONNX behaviour. If the situation
    isn't resolved, I think a call to IBM Support could be in order, but they
    will likely want to see a detailed trace (from client and server sides)
    showing the failure occurring.

    The command to use on a Windows installation is strmqtrc -t all -t detail
    The .trc files will be written in \errors - it will help the
    Support folks if you supply these.

    Hope this helps
    Martin

    wrote in message
    news:1565720617.1135071183034.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas007.sby.ibm.com...
    > Neither of those cover the issue.
    >
    > On the same box an app running as an exe can connect to MQ, while the
    > another application running as a windows service as the same user cannot
    > connect to the queue manager.

+ Reply to Thread