ESB (MQ) Performance: How do I model an ESB for performance? - Websphere

This is a discussion on ESB (MQ) Performance: How do I model an ESB for performance? - Websphere ; Oi- Question for those who know about ESB's... We recently stood up an ESB with pub/sub and W/S capability. I just came on to the project and want to study how to model the ESB for performance considerations. Need to ...

  1. ESB (MQ) Performance: How do I model an ESB for performance?

    Oi-

    Question for those who know about ESB's...

    We recently stood up an ESB with pub/sub and W/S capability. I just came on to the project and want to study how to model the ESB for performance considerations. Need to study routing of msgs...(are we doing this right?) What about long term growth? (As more come on board and start exchanging msgs of greater size and abundance - how do we scale the ESB?) I'd like to model what we have and maintain it...plan for growth, etc.

    Knowing that an ESB comprises many products, I'm a bit overwhelmed with where to start aside from understanding the perf. issues of each component. I know we need to do that - but what should I do to start at a more course-grain view?

    Thanks.
    Chris

  2. Re: ESB (MQ) Performance: How do I model an ESB for performance?

    Oi Chris,

    Here are a few links that should help in your quest...

    Support Pac for designing for performance -
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en

    IBM MQ and WBI performance expert Tim Dunn's article's on developerworks

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en

    Hope this helps...

    Arnie

    wrote in message
    news:1335465981.1121972941013.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas007.sby.ibm.com...
    > Oi-
    >
    > Question for those who know about ESB's...
    >
    > We recently stood up an ESB with pub/sub and W/S capability. I just came

    on to the project and want to study how to model the ESB for performance
    considerations. Need to study routing of msgs...(are we doing this right?)
    What about long term growth? (As more come on board and start exchanging
    msgs of greater size and abundance - how do we scale the ESB?) I'd like to
    model what we have and maintain it...plan for growth, etc.

    > Knowing that an ESB comprises many products, I'm a bit overwhelmed with

    where to start aside from understanding the perf. issues of each component.
    I know we need to do that - but what should I do to start at a more
    course-grain view?

    > Thanks.
    > Chris

  3. Re: ESB (MQ) Performance: How do I model an ESB for performance?

    Oi Chris,

    Here are a few links that should help in your quest...

    Support Pac for designing for performance -
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en

    IBM MQ and WBI performance expert Tim Dunn's article's on developerworks

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...query=tim+dunn

    arnie

    wrote in message
    news:1335465981.1121972941013.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas007.sby.ibm.com...
    > Oi-
    >
    > Question for those who know about ESB's...
    >
    > We recently stood up an ESB with pub/sub and W/S capability. I just came

    on to the project and want to study how to model the ESB for performance
    considerations. Need to study routing of msgs...(are we doing this right?)
    What about long term growth? (As more come on board and start exchanging
    msgs of greater size and abundance - how do we scale the ESB?) I'd like to
    model what we have and maintain it...plan for growth, etc.

    > Knowing that an ESB comprises many products, I'm a bit overwhelmed with

    where to start aside from understanding the perf. issues of each component.
    I know we need to do that - but what should I do to start at a more
    course-grain view?

    > Thanks.
    > Chris

+ Reply to Thread