ASCII to EBCDIC conversion in MQ series (For RPG programs) - Websphere

This is a discussion on ASCII to EBCDIC conversion in MQ series (For RPG programs) - Websphere ; i have a queue populated with data in ASCII format and i want to read it but in AS400 Queue it shows junk data because the data format in AS400 is EBCDIC. please suggest me a way to code a ...

  1. ASCII to EBCDIC conversion in MQ series (For RPG programs)

    i have a queue populated with data in ASCII format and i want to read it but in AS400 Queue it shows junk data because the data format in AS400 is EBCDIC. please suggest me a way to code a program through which i can read this data from the queue.

  2. Re: ASCII to EBCDIC conversion in MQ series (For RPG programs)

    anish707_ece@yahoo.co.in wrote:

    > i have a queue populated with data in ASCII format and i want to read it but in AS400 Queue it shows junk data because the data format in AS400 is EBCDIC. please suggest me a way to code a program through which i can read this data from the queue.

    Provided that the MQMDs of the messages contain the correct CCSID, you
    should be able to solve this by adding MQGMO_CONVERT to your get message
    options.

  3. Re: ASCII to EBCDIC conversion in MQ series (For RPG programs)

    > anish707_ece@yahoo.co.in wrote:
    >
    > > i have a queue populated with data in ASCII format

    > and i want to read it but in AS400 Queue it shows
    > junk data because the data format in AS400 is EBCDIC.
    > please suggest me a way to code a program through
    > which i can read this data from the queue.
    >
    > Provided that the MQMDs of the messages contain the
    > correct CCSID, you
    > should be able to solve this by adding MQGMO_CONVERT
    > to your get message
    > options.

    the CCSID is as per the format of the message and there is already GMCONV added to GMOPT is this not for data conversion. i tried to add MQGMO_CONVERT to the GMOPT also but it pops an error message at compile time saying that the identifier(MQGMO_CONVERT) is not defined. do i need to make some changes to the copy book CHQGMOG. if yes then can you elaborate on the changes that needs to be done to solve this problem.

+ Reply to Thread