    Is there a command to dump the full configuration of a queue manager?

    Mike

  2. Re: command to dump configuration?

    On 2005-07-14, Mike wrote:
    > I use a few of the mq commands like dspmq and mqver.
    > Is there a command to dump the full configuration of a queue manager?
    >
    > Mike

    Here is my solution:

    root@txwcs001:/>cat /tmp/dspmqall.sh
    #!/bin/sh

    tfile=/tmp/dspmqall.$$

    dspmq | sed 's/[()]/ /g' | while read junk1 queue junk2
    do
    echo "\n## Configuration for queue $queue\n" >> $tfile
    runmqsc $queue <> $tfile
    DISPLAY AUTHINFO(*) all
    DISPLAY CHANNEL(*) all
    DISPLAY CHSTATUS(*) all
    DISPLAY CLUSQMGR(*) all
    DISPLAY PROCESS(*) all
    DISPLAY NAMELIST(*) all
    DISPLAY QALIAS(*) all
    DISPLAY QCLUSTER(*) all
    DISPLAY QLOCAL(*) all
    DISPLAY QMGR all
    DISPLAY QMODEL(*) all
    DISPLAY QREMOTE(*) all
    DISPLAY QUEUE(*) all
    DISPLAY QSTATUS(*) all
    end
    EOM
    done

  3. Re: command to dump configuration?

    Have you tried the free support pacs? I think these should do what you
    need. Support Pacs are found at:

    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/inte...gory.html#cat1

    to save all the objects (MS03):

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en

    combined with this to automate (MS65):

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en

    I have not personally used these (yet), so cannot testify to how well they
    work or anything like that, but they sound like what you need.

    Lyle Mack

    "Mike" wrote in message
    > I use a few of the mq commands like dspmq and mqver.
    > Is there a command to dump the full configuration of a queue manager?
    >
    > Mike

  4. Re: command to dump configuration?

    On 2005-07-14, Lyle Mack wrote:
    > Have you tried the free support pacs? I think these should do what you
    > need. Support Pacs are found at:
    >
    > http://www-306.ibm.com/software/inte...gory.html#cat1
    >
    > to save all the objects (MS03):
    >
    > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en
    >

    > combined with this to automate (MS65):
    >
    > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en
    >
    > I have not personally used these (yet), so cannot testify to how well they
    > work or anything like that, but they sound like what you need.
    >

    > Lyle Mack
    >

    > "Mike" wrote in message
    >> I use a few of the mq commands like dspmq and mqver.
    >> Is there a command to dump the full configuration of a queue manager?
    >>
    >> Mike

    Thanks for the pointer to the support packs. IBM support told me
    these require a c compiler. I do not have a c compiler on the local
    box nor do I have MQ on the box with a c compiler. Catch 22.

    Mike

  5. Re: command to dump configuration?

    On 2005-07-14, Lyle Mack wrote:
    > Have you tried the free support pacs? I think these should do what you
    > need. Support Pacs are found at:
    >
    > http://www-306.ibm.com/software/inte...gory.html#cat1
    >
    > to save all the objects (MS03):
    >
    > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en
    >

    > combined with this to automate (MS65):
    >
    > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en
    >
    > I have not personally used these (yet), so cannot testify to how well they
    > work or anything like that, but they sound like what you need.
    >

    > Lyle Mack
    >

    > "Mike" wrote in message
    >> I use a few of the mq commands like dspmq and mqver.
    >> Is there a command to dump the full configuration of a queue manager?
    >>
    >> Mike

    I was reminded of the support packs by MQ support.
    The packs require a c compiler. As that box has no
    c compiler, the box that has the c compiler does not
    have mq, and ibm does not put the c compiler on the
    box as all other normal unix systems... the support
    pack is of not much use to me.

    Through google I did post a simple runmqsc script to
    do a 'display ...' on all objects.

    Mike

  6. Re: command to dump configuration?

    The saveqmgrc program seems to work pretty well and can be used to save configuration of queue manager objects.

    --
    DEXTER HECHANOVA
    "Mike" wrote in message news:dbbbvm$3dtc$1@news.boulder.ibm.com...
    > On 2005-07-14, Lyle Mack wrote:
    > > Have you tried the free support pacs? I think these should do what you
    > > need. Support Pacs are found at:
    > >
    > > http://www-306.ibm.com/software/inte...gory.html#cat1
    > >
    > > to save all the objects (MS03):
    > >
    > > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en
    > >

    > > combined with this to automate (MS65):
    > >
    > > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en
    > >
    > > I have not personally used these (yet), so cannot testify to how well they
    > > work or anything like that, but they sound like what you need.
    > >

    > > Lyle Mack
    > >

    > > "Mike" wrote in message
    > >> I use a few of the mq commands like dspmq and mqver.
    > >> Is there a command to dump the full configuration of a queue manager?
    > >>
    > >> Mike

    > I was reminded of the support packs by MQ support.
    > The packs require a c compiler. As that box has no
    > c compiler, the box that has the c compiler does not
    > have mq, and ibm does not put the c compiler on the
    > box as all other normal unix systems... the support
    > pack is of not much use to me.
    >
    > Through google I did post a simple runmqsc script to
    > do a 'display ...' on all objects.
    >
    > Mike

+ Reply to Thread