How can I temporarily redirect all requests to a "Sorry we areupdating our site" type of page? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How can I temporarily redirect all requests to a "Sorry we areupdating our site" type of page? - Websphere ; I seem to have come close to a solution by doing the following: Create .htacces at DocumentRoot Add: RedirectMatch ^/(?!outage.html\b)(.*) /outage.html This does in fact display my outage page, but it then appends the original request ed page (from the ...

  1. How can I temporarily redirect all requests to a "Sorry we areupdating our site" type of page?

    I seem to have come close to a solution by doing the following:
    Create .htacces at DocumentRoot

    Add:
    RedirectMatch ^/(?!outage.html\b)(.*) /outage.html

    This does in fact display my outage page, but it then appends the original request ed page (from the AppServer) to the bottom of my outage page. Is there any way around this?

  2. Re: How can I temporarily redirect all requests to a "Sorry we areupdating our site" type of page?

    Try putting the comments in html file and save as index.html and place the file in the following location(In other words edit the existing index.html file with your comments and take a backup of the original index.html and rename to what ever you like)
    /htdocs/en_US/index.html

    Cheers!
    Tiber

  3. Re: How can I temporarily redirect all requests to a "Sorry we areupdating our site" type of page?

    Ken STL wrote:
    > I seem to have come close to a solution by doing the following:
    > Create .htacces at DocumentRoot
    >
    > Add:
    > RedirectMatch ^/(?!outage.html\b)(.*) /outage.html
    >
    > This does in fact display my outage page, but it then appends the original request ed page (from the AppServer) to the bottom of my outage page. Is there any way around this?

    In httpd.conf:
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond -f /some/path/ihs_disabled
    RewriteRule .* /outage.html

    if you use .htaccess, it won't even be looked at for requests going
    through the plug-in or proxy. No clue how your getting appserver
    content unless plugin is configured with/* context root and some other
    bizarre interaction causes the .htacces to be read at all.

    Of course touch/rm /some/path/ihs_disabled to change the state.

  4. Re: How can I temporarily redirect all requests to a "Sorry weare<br> updating our site" type of pa

    Thanks Eric,

    I tried something very similar to what you suggested earlier today but could not get it to work for some reason, (just tried it again just as you specified) but still doesn't seem to work, kinda like its failing the file exists condition. As info, I got the .htaccess to somewhat work by moving the LoadModule statement for the plugin up to the top of the LoadModule section so that mod_alias and or mod_rewrite would fire before the plugin, but I guess the plugin was firing after my mod_alias. Not sure why my server level shown below does not work. (btw, I moved the plugin load back to the bottom of the conf file)

    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond -f /outage_time
    RewriteRule .* /outage.html

  5. Re: How can I temporarily redirect all requests to a "Sorry weare<br> updating our site" type of pa

    OK, turns out I had some syntax issues. Here is what I implemented:

    In httpd.conf

    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond /PathToDocumentRoot/outage_time -f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /outage.html [PT]

    This seems to work just fine. The -f parameter comes after the path/filename and the [PT] parameter keeps the original request from being appended to the bottom of my outage.html page.

    Thanks for the input.

+ Reply to Thread