One HTTP Server and two Application Server in a cluster - How toconfigure Plugin - Websphere

This is a discussion on One HTTP Server and two Application Server in a cluster - How toconfigure Plugin - Websphere ; Hi, I have a situation in which I have MACHINE1 running Deployment Manager and AppSERVER1 and MACHINE2 running AppSERVER2. AppSERVER1 and AppSERVER2 are in cluster. MACHINE3 is running IBM HTTP Server. Please guide me how to configure plugin for this ...

  1. One HTTP Server and two Application Server in a cluster - How toconfigure Plugin

    Hi,

    I have a situation in which I have MACHINE1 running Deployment Manager and
    AppSERVER1 and MACHINE2 running AppSERVER2.

    AppSERVER1 and AppSERVER2 are in cluster.

    MACHINE3 is running IBM HTTP Server. Please guide me how to configure plugin for this cluster so that failover and loadbalancing can happen.

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,

  2. Re: One HTTP Server and two Application Server in a cluster - Howto configure Plugin

    When you deploy the applications, select the cluster as well as the web server in the list of servers in addition to the cluster on Map modules to servers section.

    If you have already deployed, you may have to go to the application and in Additional proeprties, go to the link Map modules to servers
    and apply to the web server in addition to cluster.

    You may have to restart the cluster. Propogate the plugin if it's not set to auto propogate.

    If you have set to automatically propogate plugin, the plugin will include the
    mapping to the app servers. Check the plugin file ( plugin-cfg.xml ).

    Also have you thought about the session replication? Try this on the test setup first.

+ Reply to Thread