IBM HTTPServer 6.0 Install on AIX - Websphere

This is a discussion on IBM HTTPServer 6.0 Install on AIX - Websphere ; We are installing IHS 6.0 on AIX. Have anybody any practical experience with it. 1. AIX version: 5.2 ML 2 with xlC.rte 6.0 runtime library and APAR IY49388. Does it meet the OS requirements or we need to upgrade the ...

  1. IBM HTTPServer 6.0 Install on AIX

    We are installing IHS 6.0 on AIX. Have anybody any practical experience with it.
    1. AIX version: 5.2 ML 2 with xlC.rte 6.0 runtime library and APAR IY49388. Does it meet the OS requirements or we need to upgrade the AIX Maintenance Level?
    2. I am planning to do silent install. Does anybody know, if I need to include the option "-P installAfpa.active="true" (it's for Response Cache Accelerator). I found this option on the response file of the installer for Windows but not for the AIX.
    3. Any other tips and tricks ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: IBM HTTPServer 6.0 Install on AIX

    ppoudel@ca.ibm.com wrote:
    > 2. I am planning to do silent install. Does anybody know, if I need to include the option "-P installAfpa.active="true" (it's for Response Cache Accelerator). I found this option on the response file of the installer for Windows but not for the AIX.

    I believe the AFPA device driver and library ships with AIX, as opposed
    to windows where it's provided by IHS as a "third party" driver.

  3. Re: IBM HTTPServer 6.0 Install on AIX

    Thank you. That helps.

+ Reply to Thread