Unable to start stop the IBM HTTP SERVER from Deployment manager - Websphere

This is a discussion on Unable to start stop the IBM HTTP SERVER from Deployment manager - Websphere ; Hi, I have installed the IBM HTTP server as an unmanaged node. My DMGR is running on another machine, i have installed the web server plugin and i am able to see the status of the web server from the ...

  1. Unable to start stop the IBM HTTP SERVER from Deployment manager

    Hi,

    I have installed the IBM HTTP server as an unmanaged node. My DMGR is running on another machine, i have installed the web server plugin and i am able to see the status of the web server from the deployment manager console. But i am not able to start stop the web server, I have tried the same thing with apache web server, everything is working fine. But i am not able to start / stop the web server from the deployment manager. There is no node agent running on the machine where the web server is installed.

    What needs to be done so that i can start stop the web servers from the deployment manager console.

    WEbsphere : WAS 6.0 ND
    OS : Windows XP

    IBM http server is running as a windows service on machine A
    Websphere application server profile is running on machine B
    Webspphere deployment manager profile is running on machine C

  2. Re: Unable to start stop the IBM HTTP SERVER from Deployment manager

    Have you federated the IHS server as a node under dmgr?

    Sunit

    wrote in message
    news:342509654.1171889915897.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was009.sby.ibm.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have installed the IBM HTTP server as an unmanaged node. My DMGR is
    > running on another machine, i have installed the web server plugin and i
    > am able to see the status of the web server from the deployment manager
    > console. But i am not able to start stop the web server, I have tried the
    > same thing with apache web server, everything is working fine. But i am
    > not able to start / stop the web server from the deployment manager. There
    > is no node agent running on the machine where the web server is installed.
    >
    > What needs to be done so that i can start stop the web servers from the
    > deployment manager console.
    >
    > WEbsphere : WAS 6.0 ND
    > OS : Windows XP
    >
    > IBM http server is running as a windows service on machine A
    > Websphere application server profile is running on machine B
    > Webspphere deployment manager profile is running on machine C

  3. Re: Unable to start stop the IBM HTTP SERVER from Deploymentmanager

    Hi Sunit,

    AS i mentioned this is an unmanaged node, it does not have a nodeagent running.After i have installed the plugin, its automatically propagated for IBM HTTP server, i can see the node under the nodes section, but no i have not done explcitly anything to federate it.

    do i have to run a node agent on the machine which is having the HTTP server running ...

    Regards
    Saurav

  4. Re: Unable to start stop the IBM HTTP SERVER from Deployment manager

    Is your admin server configured correctly and running?

    See:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ebservers.html

    Sunit

    wrote in message
    news:1796212923.1171983692190.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas009.sby.ibm.com...
    > Hi Sunit,
    >
    > AS i mentioned this is an unmanaged node, it does not have a nodeagent
    > running.After i have installed the plugin, its automatically propagated
    > for IBM HTTP server, i can see the node under the nodes section, but no i
    > have not done explcitly anything to federate it.
    >
    > do i have to run a node agent on the machine which is having the HTTP
    > server running ...
    >
    > Regards
    > Saurav

+ Reply to Thread