SSO between IHS & WPS - Websphere

This is a discussion on SSO between IHS & WPS - Websphere ; Hi, Is there a way to implement single sign on between IBM HTTP Server and WebSphere Portal? I'm actually looking for a way to protect a site under IHS but in the same time I don't want users coming from ...

  1. SSO between IHS & WPS

    Hi,

    Is there a way to implement single sign on between IBM HTTP Server and WebSphere Portal? I'm actually looking for a way to protect a site under IHS but in the same time I don't want users coming from an authenticated area in WPS to login again and vice versa.

    Do anybody have any clue or paper to let me orient my thoughts in this topic at least?

    Many thanks.

  2. Re: SSO between IHS & WPS

    There are multiple options including use of Tivoli WebSEAL (Tivoli Access
    Manager for eBusiness).
    Search http://www.redbooks.ibm.com for technotes and Redbooks that explain
    possible scenarios.

    Sunit

    "Yasser" wrote in message
    news:669564493.1171204152633.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was009.sby.ibm.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a way to implement single sign on between IBM HTTP Server and
    > WebSphere Portal? I'm actually looking for a way to protect a site under
    > IHS but in the same time I don't want users coming from an authenticated
    > area in WPS to login again and vice versa.
    >
    > Do anybody have any clue or paper to let me orient my thoughts in this
    > topic at least?
    >
    > Many thanks.

  3. Re: SSO between IHS & WPS

    Actually I was looking for something custom, but does WebSEAL ship with any of the major IBM products like the WebSphere Portal for example or I have to buy it? Are there any alternative to it?

    Thank you.

  4. Re: SSO between IHS & WPS

    WebSEAL is a component of Tivoli Access Manager product. It used to be
    shipped with certain editions of Portal Server.

    For custom check redbooks website.

    Sunit

    "Yasser" wrote in message
    news:1835704857.1171370595458.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas010.sby.ibm.com...
    > Actually I was looking for something custom, but does WebSEAL ship with
    > any of the major IBM products like the WebSphere Portal for example or I
    > have to buy it? Are there any alternative to it?
    >
    > Thank you.

  5. Re: SSO between IHS & WPS

    Thank you Sunit for your genuine efforts in helping people in this forum.

    To be honest with you, I've been looking for quite sometime for a solution but haven't found any. I read many Redbooks and papers and all what I found is terminologies and passing thoughts. If you have run into a particular Redbook where you actually saw such implementation I appreciate you point it out to me.

    Thanks again,

    Yasser

  6. Re: SSO between IHS & WPS

    Yasser,

    Does your setup involve a web application that is just IHS based (static
    content or CGI based) and another which is WebSphere Portal Server based and
    both being served through the same IHS instance?

    Sunit

    "Yasser" wrote in message
    news:951280335.1171445060671.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was010.sby.ibm.com...
    > Thank you Sunit for your genuine efforts in helping people in this forum.
    >
    > To be honest with you, I've been looking for quite sometime for a solution
    > but haven't found any. I read many Redbooks and papers and all what I
    > found is terminologies and passing thoughts. If you have run into a
    > particular Redbook where you actually saw such implementation I appreciate
    > you point it out to me.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >
    > Yasser

  7. Re: SSO between IHS & WPS

    Yes, precisely!

  8. Re: SSO between IHS & WPS

    Have you tried using basic authentication with LDAP?

    Sunit

    "Yasser" wrote in message
    news:751831105.1171794913723.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was009.sby.ibm.com...
    > Yes, precisely!

  9. Re: SSO between IHS & WPS

    Currently I'm able to authenticate my users on both IHS and WPS using LDAP, and I'm looking for a way to enable SSO between them. For IHS I'm using the ibm_ldap module, and I'm initially looking into a way to let IHS-based resource (like static content) be served without prompting again for authentication for already authenticated users. I read that TAI can push SSO tokens to the user browser but I couldn't find a way to pick this token by IHS, and here were I need help.

+ Reply to Thread