Adding new destination application servers to an existing IBM HTTP Server - Websphere

This is a discussion on Adding new destination application servers to an existing IBM HTTP Server - Websphere ; ? Can an existing external IBM HTTP Server be configured to route traffic to additional new web server? I have an external IBM HTTP server sitting in my DMZ which routes traffic to my internal WAS server. I now have ...

  1. Adding new destination application servers to an existing IBM HTTP Server

    ? Can an existing external IBM HTTP Server be configured to route
    traffic to additional new web server?

    I have an external IBM HTTP server sitting in my DMZ which routes
    traffic to my internal WAS server.

    I now have to introduce IIS into the topology. I would like to treat
    the IIS server like the WAS server and secure it inside the firewall.
    I will need a way to route traffic to this internal IIS server however.

    Could I use my existing IBM HTTP Server to route traffic, based on URL
    , to either my WAS server or my IIS server? Does the platform of the
    target application server matter?

    Thanks for any feedback or guidance,
    Trac

  2. Re: Adding new destination application servers to an existing IBM HTTP Server

    Trac wrote:
    > ? Can an existing external IBM HTTP Server be configured to route
    > traffic to additional new web server?
    >
    > I have an external IBM HTTP server sitting in my DMZ which routes
    > traffic to my internal WAS server.
    >
    > I now have to introduce IIS into the topology. I would like to treat
    > the IIS server like the WAS server and secure it inside the firewall.
    > I will need a way to route traffic to this internal IIS server however.
    >
    > Could I use my existing IBM HTTP Server to route traffic, based on URL
    > , to either my WAS server or my IIS server? Does the platform of the
    > target application server matter?
    >
    > Thanks for any feedback or guidance,
    > Trac

    Just curious...why do you want to do that ? Do you need some
    functionality of IIS which IHS doesn't provide ?

  3. Re: Adding new destination application servers to an existing IBM HTTP Server

    hi!! can you tell me how do you did it? i have the same problem. thank in advances

+ Reply to Thread