HTTP and WebSphere Plugin generate problem.. - Websphere

This is a discussion on HTTP and WebSphere Plugin generate problem.. - Websphere ; Hello I have installed IBM HTTP Server and IBM WebSPhere Application Server V6. I have installed Versigin SSL Certificate for IBM HTTP Server. It appears the website is up and running using SSL https://www.mydomain.com . Whenever I am accessing the ...

  1. HTTP and WebSphere Plugin generate problem..

    Hello

    I have installed IBM HTTP Server and IBM WebSPhere Application Server V6.

    I have installed Versigin SSL Certificate for IBM HTTP Server.

    It appears the website is up and running using SSL https://www.mydomain.com.

    Whenever I am accessing the web application through http server using URL https://www.mydomain.com/applicationname I am encountering following error :-

    HTTP 404 - File Not Found.

    Whenever I am accessing application using URL https://www.mydomain.com:443/application name it is working fine and I am able to see the web page.

    I tried to generate the websphere plugin and restarted the Appserver/http server and tried again using URL https://mydomain.com/applicationname but still encountered the 'HTTP 404 - File Not Found' error.

    Below are the parameters available in plugin-cfg.xml :

    Port 10014 is dedicated for SSL request. The application is being accessed using URL https://www.mydomain.com:10014/applicationname it is working.

    https://www.mydomain.com/ is working but I wonder why URL https://www.mydomain.com/applicatonanme is not working.

    Note : We are running SSL only for IBM HTTP Server.
    We don't want to assign SSL for WebSphere APP Server.

    I value your inputs on this.
    Chitre.

  2. Re: HTTP and WebSphere Plugin generate problem..

    The URL https://www.mydomain.com/applicatonanme defaults to port 443.
    You need to add a virtual host alias for *:443 and then regen your
    plug-in.

    sandeepchitre77@yahoo.co.in wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have installed IBM HTTP Server and IBM WebSPhere Application Server V6.
    >
    > I have installed Versigin SSL Certificate for IBM HTTP Server.
    >
    > It appears the website is up and running using SSL https://www.mydomain.com.
    >
    > Whenever I am accessing the web application through http server using URL https://www.mydomain.com/applicationname I am encountering following error :-
    >
    > HTTP 404 - File Not Found.
    >
    > Whenever I am accessing application using URL https://www.mydomain.com:443/application name it is working fine and I am able to see the web page.
    >
    > I tried to generate the websphere plugin and restarted the Appserver/http server and tried again using URL https://mydomain.com/applicationname but still encountered the 'HTTP 404 - File Not Found' error.
    >
    > Below are the parameters available in plugin-cfg.xml :

    > Port 10014 is dedicated for SSL request. The application is being accessed using URL https://www.mydomain.com:10014/applicationname it is working.
    >
    > https://www.mydomain.com/ is working but I wonder why URL https://www.mydomain.com/applicatonanme is not working.
    >
    > Note : We are running SSL only for IBM HTTP Server.
    > We don't want to assign SSL for WebSphere APP Server.
    >
    > I value your inputs on this.
    > Chitre.

  3. Re: HTTP and WebSphere Plugin generate problem..

    Problem is with the HTTP transport port (10014). Do you really need to use a secure communication to the app server from the web sever? If not, then just remove the 10014, from the web container (HTTP Trans) definition and you should only be using the 9080. Note do NOT remove the port 10014 if that is what you are using to access the WAS6 admin console.
    Or
    You can just create a new http trans port like 6543 if both the web server and app server are on the same box(server) and firewall b/n them is not an issue. Make sure the "secure" check box is not selected when you create the port. Then regen the plugin and propagate it, restart the appserver and test if that fixes the problem.

    Hope this helps...
    Meron

  4. Re: HTTP and WebSphere Plugin generate problem..

    Assuming the following:
    1) Your SSL certificate is good (working)

    2) You're loading the SSL cert correctly in your webserver's httpd.conf;I am not sure if you're also using tag definitions in the httpd.conf

    3) You are strictly going through the web server when you need to access the app.

    4) The plugin is sucessfully loaded.

    - From what I have learned and based on my observations, if port 443 (default SSL port) is not present or removed from the plugins virtual host attributes (tags), any matching URI on port 443 will be rejected by the plug-in and then the error is handled by the IBM HTTP Server as if the items are not found.

    - Based on your plug-in information you posted, the only thing I do not see is the definition of the secured port (*:443 or domain.com:443)within the virtual host tags. Remember that the way the plug fits in all of this is that the incoming header and server port are matched to determine if the request should be handled by the app server

    - If you're not directly accessing your app from a browser client by using the hosting ports https://blah-blah:9080/app, OR you're not going straight to the JVM's webcontainer that's hosting the app, you can also delete port 9080 and/10014 from the virtual host tags; doing so will narrow down and tightend access to your app; extending your security a bit more.

    - When you do so, don't forget to recycle your app, just in case!

    I hope this helps - JM.

+ Reply to Thread