Prevent never-ending servlet requests - Websphere

This is a discussion on Prevent never-ending servlet requests - Websphere ; Hello, We noticed that for some still unknown reason, some servlet requests may last for thousands of seconds (total service time as logged in access.log file). How can I configure IHS to stop processing those mostly never-ending servlet requests after ...

  1. Prevent never-ending servlet requests

    Hello,

    We noticed that for some still unknown reason, some servlet requests may
    last for thousands of seconds (total service time as logged in access.log
    file).

    How can I configure IHS to stop processing those mostly never-ending
    servlet requests after a given time-out of service time ?

    TimeOut setting is the default 300, but doesn't seem to help.

    Thx,
    Ben.

    PS-1: Originally posted to ibm.software.websphere.application-server.v4 with
    no luck.
    PS-2: WebSphere Application Server v4 itself doesn't seem to have such a
    setting.

  2. Re: Prevent never-ending servlet requests

    Ben_ wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > We noticed that for some still unknown reason, some servlet requests may
    > last for thousands of seconds (total service time as logged in access.log
    > file).
    >
    > How can I configure IHS to stop processing those mostly never-ending
    > servlet requests after a given time-out of service time ?
    >
    > TimeOut setting is the default 300, but doesn't seem to help.
    >
    > Thx,
    > Ben.
    >
    > PS-1: Originally posted to ibm.software.websphere.application-server.v4 with
    > no luck.
    > PS-2: WebSphere Application Server v4 itself doesn't seem to have such a
    > setting.

    Timeout is the usual setting to keep this from happening, on either/both
    the HTTP Server and WAS. I don't have a V4 installation handy, but I
    thought there was something on the same page where you set reload
    interval for timeouts ???

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread