virtual host - Websphere

This is a discussion on virtual host - Websphere ; Guys, I'm trying to configure an IBM HTTP Server (powered by Apache) on an iSeries 5.2. The IP served by such an instance is 10.4.200.7, and the port is 10080. My need is to configure it in a way that ...

  1. virtual host

    Guys,
    I'm trying to configure an IBM HTTP Server (powered by Apache) on an iSeries
    5.2.
    The IP served by such an instance is 10.4.200.7, and the port is 10080.
    My need is to configure it in a way that any http request made to:

    http://my.new.com

    (having a record in my DNS server), should be
    served by such a HTTP instance (e.g. by http://10.32.200.7:10080).
    The HTTP server configuration file is as follows:

    Listen 10.32.200.7:10080
    NameVirtualHost 10.32.200.7:10080

    ServerName my.new.com

    Thanks,
    Gianluca

  2. Re: virtual host

    If you want http://my.new.com to connect to this server then you have to
    configure the HTTP server to use port 80.

    Sunit

    "Gianluca Gaiotto" wrote in message
    > Guys,
    > I'm trying to configure an IBM HTTP Server (powered by Apache) on an

    iSeries
    > 5.2.
    > The IP served by such an instance is 10.4.200.7, and the port is 10080.
    > My need is to configure it in a way that any http request made to:
    >
    > http://my.new.com
    >
    > (having a record in my DNS server), should be
    > served by such a HTTP instance (e.g. by http://10.32.200.7:10080).
    > The HTTP server configuration file is as follows:

    > Listen 10.32.200.7:10080
    > NameVirtualHost 10.32.200.7:10080
    >
    > ServerName my.new.com
    >

    > Thanks,