Handshape Failed - Websphere

This is a discussion on Handshape Failed - Websphere ; I have a signed certificate from Digicert, but each time I try to connect to the server via HTTPS I get the following error in the error log: mod_ibm_ssl: SSL Handshake Failed, GSK_ERROR_ASN And this has been an ongoing issue ...

  1. Handshape Failed

    I have a signed certificate from Digicert, but each time I try to
    connect to the server via HTTPS I get the following error in the error
    log:

    mod_ibm_ssl: SSL Handshake Failed, GSK_ERROR_ASN

    And this has been an ongoing issue for about 3 weeks and I can find no
    solutions to the error. This is our environment:

    Windows 2000 server
    WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 3.5.6 Standard Edition
    IBM HTTP Server (IHS) powered by Apache ver 1.3.12.6

    Anyone have any solutions? Would appreciate some help with this.

  2. Re: Handshape Failed

    Have you checked that all of your certificates are valid, including
    any intermediate and root CA signing certs?

    We experienced similiar-ish errors. See my other thread:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&...g.google.com#s

  3. Re: Handshape Failed

    stevoatwork@hotmail.com (Steve) wrote in message news:...
    > Have you checked that all of your certificates are valid, including
    > any intermediate and root CA signing certs?
    >
    > We experienced similiar-ish errors. See my other thread:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&...g.google.com#s

    I researched all the possible error messages at IBM's website and
    there were none with the specific error I have. This started before
    Jan 7th.
    The specific Error message I am getting is---->

    SSL handshake failed, GSK_error_asn

    Let me know if you have any other suggestions...

  4. Re: Handshape Failed

    charles.bosse@snet.net (ChucKen) wrote in message news:<7bcdaecb.0401121326.2cca3ba2@posting.google.com>...
    > stevoatwork@hotmail.com (Steve) wrote in message news:...
    > > Have you checked that all of your certificates are valid, including
    > > any intermediate and root CA signing certs?
    > >
    > > We experienced similiar-ish errors. See my other thread:
    > >
    > > http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&...g.google.com#s

    > I researched all the possible error messages at IBM's website and
    > there were none with the specific error I have. This started before
    > Jan 7th.
    > The specific Error message I am getting is---->
    >
    > SSL handshake failed, GSK_error_asn
    >
    > Let me know if you have any other suggestions...

    Hi, it may be that the link (APAR PQ62512)

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg1PQ62512

    is related to your problem. In 2002 we had a similar problem
    (asn errors in certificate) and applying the mentioned fix resolved it.

    Hope this helps - Gerhard.

+ Reply to Thread