I've noticed that when I do everything locally on my machine, I don't
need to resolve anything. I've read that if you're going from one db to
another, then you would want to do it though. I had just tested from
DB-a to my machine (DB-b), and I did not need to resolve anything, I
just used the massextract followed by the massload. Would the transform
and resgen need be used if the tables themselves of a different layout?
Basically, the db's on both are the same, I just need to update the
info in them. I don't understand the point of using the two extra
utilities.

Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Brian