How to add functionality when opening OrderDetails in login userarea (Commerce V6) - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to add functionality when opening OrderDetails in login userarea (Commerce V6) - Websphere ; I am trying to implement additional functionality, when the Order Details View is displayed coming from the Order Status Area of a login user. Unfortunately there is no Controller Command (like OrderDisplayCmd in the order process), that I can extend. ...

  1. How to add functionality when opening OrderDetails in login userarea (Commerce V6)

    I am trying to implement additional functionality, when the Order Details View
    is displayed coming from the Order Status Area of a login user. Unfortunately there is no Controller Command (like OrderDisplayCmd in the order process), that I can extend.

    How can I add these additional functionality ?
    I have not found any class to extend.

    The struts-config-ext shows:
    action path="/OrderDetail" type="com.ibm.commerce.struts.BaseAction">

    Thanks in advance for help,
    Bernd Schiffer

  2. Re: How to add functionality when opening OrderDetails in login userarea (Commerce V6)

    Bernd,

    It is hard to assist you without knowing exactly what it is you want to
    accomplish, but if you need to do some additional processing, e.g.
    updating the database, you should create a new controller command,
    update the "Order Details" links to execute this command and then
    redirect from your controller command to the existing OrderDetail view.

    Refer to the InfoCenter for more information about creating your own
    controller commands. Specifically step 3 of the tutorial "Creating new
    business logic":

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...rial/ttd13.htm

    If what you need is to retrieve extra information that is not currently
    shown on the order details page, you would simply update the JSP to
    retrieve and display that information.

    Regards,
    Nicolai Dufva Nielsen

    Bernd.Schiffer@kasten.de wrote:
    > I am trying to implement additional functionality, when the Order Details View
    > is displayed coming from the Order Status Area of a login user. Unfortunately there is no Controller Command (like OrderDisplayCmd in the order process), that I can extend.
    >
    > How can I add these additional functionality ?
    > I have not found any class to extend.
    >
    > The struts-config-ext shows:
    > action path="/OrderDetail" type="com.ibm.commerce.struts.BaseAction">
    >

    > Thanks in advance for help,
    > Bernd Schiffer

  3. Re: How to add functionality when opening OrderDetails in loginuser<br> area (Commerce V6)

    Nicolai,

    thank you very much for your help. I implemented your first recommendation.

    Kind Regards,
    Bernd

+ Reply to Thread