can't create intance for redhat linux (solaris unix) - Websphere

This is a discussion on can't create intance for redhat linux (solaris unix) - Websphere ; i m having trouble creating the instance for my commerce after the quick installation, which is fine. it halted at 0% complete and returned "cannot create instance, installer will quit now". i have try to start config manager to create ...

  1. can't create intance for redhat linux (solaris unix)

    i m having trouble creating the instance for my commerce after the quick
    installation, which is fine. it halted at 0% complete and returned
    "cannot create instance, installer will quit now".

    i have try to start config manager to create the instance now. i go

    Code:
    --------------------

    su - wasuser
    cd /opt/WebSphere/CommerceServer56/bin
    ./config_server
    PERMISSION DENIED

    --------------------

    What is wrong? I set wasuser as my was admin. Now I userdel wasuser and
    create it again

    Code:
    --------------------

    mkdir /home/wasuser
    userdel wasuser
    groupdel wasgroup
    groupadd wasgroup
    useradd -g wasgroup -p wasuser -d /home/wasuser -M wasuser
    cp /etc/skel/.* /home/wasuser
    reboot

    --------------------

    still got stuck. help!

    this is probly basic unix/ linux admin problem instead of Commerce
    stuffs. Any suggestions are apperciated.

    --
    namgor

  2. Re: can't create intance for redhat linux (solaris unix)

    Installation of WAS/WC is done as root. You must chown the directories
    and files to wasuser if you want to run as non-root user. This is taken
    care of in the wcpostinstall script. Did you run that script after
    installation? This may help too...

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en

    If not, send WC stack info so we know what you are running.