Multiple User Pricing and Ordering on Behalf of Other Users - Websphere

This is a discussion on Multiple User Pricing and Ordering on Behalf of Other Users - Websphere ; Hello, I need to be able to create a catalog that has ten different price lists. Customers will be assigned to one of these price lists and orders will be placed on their behalf by salespeople. I am working with ...

  1. Multiple User Pricing and Ordering on Behalf of Other Users

    Hello,

    I need to be able to create a catalog that has ten different price
    lists. Customers will be assigned to one of these price lists and
    orders will be placed on their behalf by salespeople. I am working
    with InFashion (I am locked into this for various reasons) on
    WebSphere Commerce 5.4 (Professional Edition) for Linux.

    I have read the documentation related to pricing and have looked at
    some of the newsgroup postings related to the subject. I am looking
    for any advice as to whether my planned approach is doable or whether
    it is a horrible solution. Please be blunt.

    Thanks,
    John

    1) Create the trading position containers and link them to the
    catalog.
    a. Create 10 records in the TRADEPOSCN table.
    b. Create relationships between trading position containers
    and the catalog using CATGRPTPC.

    2) Populate the OFFER and OFFERPRICE tables using the proper
    TRADEPOSCN_ID in the OFFER table.

    3) Create a record with Type='U' in the MEMBER table for each user.

    4) Create a MBRGRP (member group) record for each of the 10 trading
    positions.

    5) Add members to the proper member group using MBRGRPMBR.

    6) Associate each MGPTRDPSCN with a trading position container.

    I will then setup the following flow using the following logic:

    1) Salesperson logs in.

    2) Salesperson chooses from a list of customers who they would like to
    purchase for.

    4) Use findByTradingPositionContainerId(java.lang.Long
    tradingPositionContainerId) to retrieve all offers for the trading
    position container assigned to the customer.

    5) Allow salesperson to place an order on behalf of the customer using
    OrderItemAdd with forUser.

  2. Re: Multiple User Pricing and Ordering on Behalf of Other Users

    At first glance, it seems you have either consulted in WC for awhile or
    have the ability to catch on quickly. I'll blunt my way to a few
    thoughts which may or may not be of some help.

    1) Yep, use 0 for the category ID to tie to a single catalog ID. More
    rows here if there is more than one catalog.

    3) Each member should be a user in USERS with login information in
    USERREG and address information in ADDRESS. I've never tried the
    forUser NVP without this additional information. You may have omitted
    this or only intended to insert one row in MEMBER for each user...in
    which case let me know if it works!

    6) Using the deprecated table MGPTRDPSCN is not advisable according to
    the Online Help /refs/rdbmgptrd.htm. Since the BE edition is NOT what
    you are using and I haven't heard what IBM's direction is on whether the
    contract subsystem will be available in future releases of PE. Contact
    your sales rep...no wait, forget about that...almost threw you a bum
    steer! Maybe an IBM'er still lurks occasionally and can shed some
    insight...or Niece may offer his Jedi sageness to the mix.

    I've mainly used the BE edition and setup contract relationships with
    CONTRACT, TRADEPOSCN, and TDPSCNCNTR which ties the everything back to a
    task's implementation class.

    Overall you're on the right track. You might find you need to save some
    additional info when a salesman places that order. You didn't mention
    payment so assume that the OfflineCard will suffice. Let us know if you
    find any gotchas...and good luck!

    John wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to be able to create a catalog that has ten different price
    > lists. Customers will be assigned to one of these price lists and
    > orders will be placed on their behalf by salespeople. I am working
    > with InFashion (I am locked into this for various reasons) on
    > WebSphere Commerce 5.4 (Professional Edition) for Linux.
    >
    > I have read the documentation related to pricing and have looked at
    > some of the newsgroup postings related to the subject. I am looking
    > for any advice as to whether my planned approach is doable or whether
    > it is a horrible solution. Please be blunt.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John
    >
    > 1) Create the trading position containers and link them to the
    > catalog.
    > a. Create 10 records in the TRADEPOSCN table.
    > b. Create relationships between trading position containers
    > and the catalog using CATGRPTPC.
    >
    > 2) Populate the OFFER and OFFERPRICE tables using the proper
    > TRADEPOSCN_ID in the OFFER table.
    >
    > 3) Create a record with Type='U' in the MEMBER table for each user.
    >
    > 4) Create a MBRGRP (member group) record for each of the 10 trading
    > positions.
    >
    > 5) Add members to the proper member group using MBRGRPMBR.
    >
    > 6) Associate each MGPTRDPSCN with a trading position container.
    >
    > I will then setup the following flow using the following logic:
    >
    > 1) Salesperson logs in.
    >
    > 2) Salesperson chooses from a list of customers who they would like to
    > purchase for.
    >
    > 4) Use findByTradingPositionContainerId(java.lang.Long
    > tradingPositionContainerId) to retrieve all offers for the trading
    > position container assigned to the customer.
    >
    > 5) Allow salesperson to place an order on behalf of the customer using
    > OrderItemAdd with forUser.

+ Reply to Thread