Commerce 5.6 Shipping - Websphere

This is a discussion on Commerce 5.6 Shipping - Websphere ; Hello, Does anyone know how to find the shipping change for an item on a product page, before the shopper's address is known? I'm using WC 5.6 Pro. Thanks, mark...

  1. Commerce 5.6 Shipping

    Hello,

    Does anyone know how to find the shipping change for an item on a product
    page, before the shopper's address is known? I'm using WC 5.6 Pro.

    Thanks,
    mark

  2. Re: Commerce 5.6 Shipping

    Hey Mark!

    I commonly see shipping charts (separate JSP or HTML) that a shopper can
    link into from a product or checkout page. Could even be a popup
    window. The chart should match the values in your store's shipping
    tables before the address is provided. Mostly the values are hardcoded
    and for sites where the ship rates are constantly changing a query like
    the one below can be used to display the data dynamically using a custom
    bean. Now, there are several ways to setup shipping in WC...and I
    haven't played with v5.6 much yet so take this with a few grains of
    salt. However, this should be on the mark! < no pun intended...really!
    ;-) >

    If you are using the JURSTGROUP tables to group shipping jurisdictions
    (SUBCLASS=1), shipping modes in SHIPMODE, and the SHIPJCRULE table
    defines your shipping calculation rules then you should have some rows
    in the CALRLOOKUP table that can be mapped by range from JURSTGROUP to
    CALRLOOKUP. This query is rather complex and may not exactly match the
    way your data is setup but give it a try.

    select
    jg.jurstgroup_id, jg.description, jg.code,
    sm.shipmode_id, sm.code, sm.carrier,
    cru.calrule_id,
    cs.calscale_id, cs. code, cs.calmethod_id,
    cra.calrange_id, cra.calmethod_id, cra.rangestart,
    crl.calrlookup_id, crl.value, crl.setccurr
    from
    jurstgroup as jg, shpjcrule as sjcr, shipmode as sm,
    calrule as cru, calscale as cs, crulescale as crs,
    calrange as cra, calrlookup as crl
    where
    jg.jurstgroup_id = sjcr.jurstgroup_id and
    sm.shipmode_id = sjcr.shipmode_id and
    cru.calrule_id = sjcr.calrule_id and
    cru.calrule_id = crs.calrule_id and
    cs.calscale_id = crs.calscale_id and
    cs.calscale_id = cra.calscale_id and
    cra.calrange_id = crl.calrange_id
    order by
    jurstgroup_id, shipmode_id,
    cs.calscale_id, rangestart,
    value

    If you get no results the chain is broken somewhere between JURSTGROUP
    and CALRLOOKUP. Simpler SQL encompassing fewer tables can be thrown
    your way if that is the case. I would need to know what data you have
    and how you are using it. For example, your shipping rates may be setup
    by SKU directly or their weight indirectly. Your weight ranges should
    display as expected with the query above though.

    Hope this helps...let me know if you have any questions.

    Cheers from Texas!

    Mark Sheffield wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone know how to find the shipping change for an item on a product
    > page, before the shopper's address is known? I'm using WC 5.6 Pro.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > mark

+ Reply to Thread