CATGROUP and duplicate identifiers - Websphere

This is a discussion on CATGROUP and duplicate identifiers - Websphere ; hi all, i use a standard din-catalog to import into the wcs-db. description of catgroup tells that member_id and identifier identifiy the catgroup. could it be? i want (e.g.) import two parent categories (dvd and vhs) and both have a ...

  1. CATGROUP and duplicate identifiers

    hi all,
    i use a standard din-catalog to import into the wcs-db. description of
    catgroup
    tells that member_id and identifier identifiy the catgroup. could it be? i
    want (e.g.)
    import two parent categories (dvd and vhs) and both have a child with
    identifier
    'cinema-movies' (exactly the same name), so i get a db-exception cause of
    duplicate names.
    based on this catalog there is only one member_id and i can't rename the
    categories
    any solutions?
    greetings, Marcus

  2. Re: CATGROUP and duplicate identifiers

    Dear Marcus,

    we optimally used the catgroup_id as the identifier in DynaLoad properties
    file when we wrote last years support for 5.4 and this years for 5.5.

    Regards,
    geo

    Marcus wrote:

    > hi all,
    > i use a standard din-catalog to import into the wcs-db. description of
    > catgroup
    > tells that member_id and identifier identifiy the catgroup. could it be? i
    > want (e.g.)
    > import two parent categories (dvd and vhs) and both have a child with
    > identifier
    > 'cinema-movies' (exactly the same name), so i get a db-exception cause of
    > duplicate names.
    > based on this catalog there is only one member_id and i can't rename the
    > categories
    > any solutions?
    > greetings, Marcus

  3. Re: CATGROUP and duplicate identifiers

    Hi Marcus,

    Identifier is something that needs to be unique.
    But this value would never be used for display purpose. This is a
    character identifier(equivalent to catgroup_id which is a numeric
    identifier).
    What you can do is,

    1.keep two different identifiers for the two categories(e.g.
    'dvd-cinema-movies' & 'vhs-cinema-movies')

    2. Use the same display name for both these categories.(column 'name'
    of table 'catgrpdesc')

    In case if you are talking about a 'single' category coming under two
    different parent categories, then I think you do not need to create
    two rows in the tables catgroup and catgrpdesc. All you need to do is
    create one single row and then establish two relationships of this row
    with the two parent categories(dvd,vhf) in the table catgrprel.

    Regards,
    --Sachin Gore

    geo wrote in message news:<3F371AF1.AA65F2A@eglobal-sol.com>...
    > Dear Marcus,
    >
    > we optimally used the catgroup_id as the identifier in DynaLoad properties
    > file when we wrote last years support for 5.4 and this years for 5.5.
    >
    > Regards,
    > geo
    >
    > Marcus wrote:
    >
    > > hi all,
    > > i use a standard din-catalog to import into the wcs-db. description of
    > > catgroup
    > > tells that member_id and identifier identifiy the catgroup. could it be? i
    > > want (e.g.)
    > > import two parent categories (dvd and vhs) and both have a child with
    > > identifier
    > > 'cinema-movies' (exactly the same name), so i get a db-exception cause of
    > > duplicate names.
    > > based on this catalog there is only one member_id and i can't rename the
    > > categories
    > > any solutions?
    > > greetings, Marcus

+ Reply to Thread