Customization of Commerce Accelerator - Websphere

This is a discussion on Customization of Commerce Accelerator - Websphere ; I'm interested in getting feedback on customizing Commerce Accelerator tools. 1. Have you customized Commerce Accelerator tools (V5.1, V5.4 or V5.5)? a. If not, were there any inhibitor(s) to your doing so? Explain. b. If so, what type of customizations ...

  1. Customization of Commerce Accelerator

    I'm interested in getting feedback on customizing Commerce Accelerator
    tools.

    1. Have you customized Commerce Accelerator tools (V5.1, V5.4 or V5.5)?

    a. If not, were there any inhibitor(s) to your doing so? Explain.

    b. If so, what type of customizations did you do? Was is straightorward
    or difficult? What aspects of the product or information were helpful?
    What could be improved?

    2. Are you aware of the various customization documents available in the
    WebSphere Commerce Zone (including WebSphere Commerce Accelerator
    Customization Guide, WebSphere Commerce Tools Framework Programmer's
    Guide, Setting up a controlled team development environment for
    customizations of IBM® WebSphere® Commerce)?

    a. If so, what aspects of the information were helpful? What aspects
    of the information need improving?

    Thx!
    Jan

  2. Re: Customization of Commerce Accelerator

    Yes, 5.1 and 5.4.

    I have read all the docs you mentioned and still I find the process time
    consuming and non-intuitive.

    We have found the process inhibitive to significant progress in a timely
    manner. Wrote outside interfaces which are more easily customizable and
    simpler to create quickly. This also keeps us from having our work negated
    by the constant changes that are occurring with the Accelerator, as well as
    allowing for better granularity of access control than was available in 5.1
    or 5.4 for different admins.

    I think that the structure that has been delivered is too complex and way to
    time consuming to easily modify. Frankly, I liked NCADMIN better than the
    commerce accelerator and that is saying alot.

    Regards,
    George

    Jan Hedges wrote:

    > I'm interested in getting feedback on customizing Commerce Accelerator
    > tools.
    >
    > 1. Have you customized Commerce Accelerator tools (V5.1, V5.4 or V5.5)?
    >
    > a. If not, were there any inhibitor(s) to your doing so? Explain.
    >
    > b. If so, what type of customizations did you do? Was is straightorward
    > or difficult? What aspects of the product or information were helpful?
    > What could be improved?
    >
    > 2. Are you aware of the various customization documents available in the
    > WebSphere Commerce Zone (including WebSphere Commerce Accelerator
    > Customization Guide, WebSphere Commerce Tools Framework Programmer's
    > Guide, Setting up a controlled team development environment for
    > customizations of IBM® WebSphere® Commerce)?
    >
    > a. If so, what aspects of the information were helpful? What aspects
    > of the information need improving?
    >
    > Thx!
    > Jan

  3. Re: Customization of Commerce Accelerator

    geo wrote:

    > Frankly, I liked NCADMIN better than the commerce accelerator

+ Reply to Thread