Invoking RAD6 SOAP/JMS Proxy from Java Client - Websphere

This is a discussion on Invoking RAD6 SOAP/JMS Proxy from Java Client - Websphere ; Hi, I have created an EJB Web Service that I wish to invoke using a client proxy generated by RADv6. The proxy uses SOAP/JMS to contact the websphere MDB JMSListerMDB.java. The MDB invokes a method on my EJB Web Service, ...

  1. Invoking RAD6 SOAP/JMS Proxy from Java Client

    Hi,

    I have created an EJB Web Service that I wish to invoke using a client proxy
    generated by RADv6. The proxy uses SOAP/JMS to contact the websphere MDB
    JMSListerMDB.java. The MDB invokes a method on my EJB Web Service, and
    returns a reply to the client.

    If I use a servlet, EJB, or J2EE Application Client to invoke the generated
    proxy, then everything works fine. I can even do this using the
    "launchClient" script that comes with WAS or the RAD WAS6 Client (with the
    web service deployed locally or remotely). But invoking the proxy from a
    stand-alone java client (outside a container) has proved to be extremely
    difficult. I have tried including jars like naming.jar, namingclient.jar,
    bootstrap.jar, ecutils.jar, etc. I've also set various sytem properties like
    java.naming.provider.url, etc.

    If anyone has any experience using the RAD SOAP/JMS Proxy outside WAS
    containers, please let me know.

    Thanks a lot

  2. Re: Invoking RAD6 SOAP/JMS Proxy from Java Client

    p Lall wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have created an EJB Web Service that I wish to invoke using a client proxy
    > generated by RADv6. The proxy uses SOAP/JMS to contact the websphere MDB
    > JMSListerMDB.java. The MDB invokes a method on my EJB Web Service, and
    > returns a reply to the client.
    >
    > If I use a servlet, EJB, or J2EE Application Client to invoke the generated
    > proxy, then everything works fine. I can even do this using the
    > "launchClient" script that comes with WAS or the RAD WAS6 Client (with the
    > web service deployed locally or remotely). But invoking the proxy from a
    > stand-alone java client (outside a container) has proved to be extremely
    > difficult. I have tried including jars like naming.jar, namingclient.jar,
    > bootstrap.jar, ecutils.jar, etc. I've also set various sytem properties like
    > java.naming.provider.url, etc.
    >
    > If anyone has any experience using the RAD SOAP/JMS Proxy outside WAS
    > containers, please let me know.
    >
    > Thanks a lot

    WAS 6 embedded messaging access from outside the appserver is only
    officially supported from a J2EE client container. If you start adding
    mix and match jars, you will probably not be supported. This is not to
    say that it isn't possible to get it to work, but just don't try opening
    a PMR if you have a problem. But really, why not just install the
    application client - you know it works.

  3. Re: Invoking RAD6 SOAP/JMS Proxy from Java Client

    [QUOTE=unix;560445]p Lall wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have created an EJB Web Service that I wish to invoke using a client proxy
    > generated by RADv6. The proxy uses SOAP/JMS to contact the websphere MDB
    > JMSListerMDB.java. The MDB invokes a method on my EJB Web Service, and
    > returns a reply to the client.
    >
    > If I use a servlet, EJB, or J2EE Application Client to invoke the generated
    > proxy, then everything works fine. I can even do this using the
    > "launchClient" script that comes with WAS or the RAD WAS6 Client (with the
    > web service deployed locally or remotely). But invoking the proxy from a
    > stand-alone java client (outside a container) has proved to be extremely
    > difficult. I have tried including jars like naming.jar, namingclient.jar,
    > bootstrap.jar, ecutils.jar, etc. I've also set various sytem properties like
    > java.naming.provider.url, etc.
    >
    > If anyone has any experience using the RAD SOAP/JMS Proxy outside WAS
    > containers, please let me know.
    >
    > Thanks a lot

+ Reply to Thread