MBean invoke operations question - Websphere

This is a discussion on MBean invoke operations question - Websphere ; Hi to All, I have a question to invokation of MBean operations, I use the alphaworks MBeaninspector to view my MBeans in WAS 5.1. I have created a MBean according to the some IBM developerWorks article. code comes here: public ...

  1. MBean invoke operations question

    Hi to All,

    I have a question to invokation of MBean operations,

    I use the alphaworks MBeaninspector to view my MBeans in WAS 5.1. I have
    created a MBean according to the some IBM developerWorks article.

    code comes here:

    public class LoginRestrictor extends RuntimeCollaborator {

    private static Map m_loginRestrictions=new HashMap();

    /**
    *
    */
    public LoginRestrictor() {
    }

    public static boolean isLoginAllowed(String role){
    Boolean loginAllowed=(Boolean) m_loginRestrictions.get
    (role);
    if (loginAllowed!=null){
    return loginAllowed.booleanValue();
    }else{
    return true;
    }
    }

    public static void setLoginAllowed(String role,boolean isAllowed){
    Boolean allowed=new Boolean(isAllowed);
    m_loginRestrictions.put(role,allowed);
    }

    }

    ------MBeanDescriptor is here:-----------------

    Developer\v5.1.2\runtimes\base_v51\properties\Mbea nDescriptor.dtd">
    collaboratorClass="com.hpigmbh.efleet.presentation.util.actionUtils.L ogi
    nRestrictor" >
    targetObjectType="objectReference" impact="INFO" >

    targetObjectType="objectReference" impact="ACTION">

    Activation of my Bean is done here:

    public class LoginRestrictorManager {

    /**
    *
    */
    public LoginRestrictorManager() {
    System.out.println("LoginRestrictorManager constructor");
    System.out.println("LoginRestrictorManager start");
    MBeanFactory mbfactory=AdminServiceFactory.getMBeanFactory
    ();
    RuntimeCollaborator collab=new LoginRestrictor();
    try {
    mbfactory.activateMBean
    ("LoginRestrictorMBean",collab,"LoginRestrictorMBeanId","com//hpigmbh//e
    fleet//presentation//util//actionUtils//LoginRestrictorMBean.xml");
    } catch (AdminException e) {
    // TODO Auto-generated catch block
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    System.out.println("LoginRestrictorManager end");
    }

    }

    All is packed in a Webproject and runs fine, but....
    with the wsadmin tool I can invoke the isLoginAllowed Method, I assume I
    cannot invoke setLoginAllowed because I don't know how to pass the
    boolean value as a String, wsadmin tells me it don't find the operation.

    In the mbeaninspector I see my MBean but all operations are not
    invokable. The same is true for other MBeans contained in WAS e.g. I can
    invoke getJavaVersion from MBean JVM but not getProperty. Does someone
    know how to get the operations invokable?? Seems like I cannot invoke
    operations that have parameters to pass.

    Help Appreciated,

    Thanks Thomas

  2. Re: MBean invoke operations question

    Thomas Hollfelder wrote:

    >Hi to All,
    >
    >I have a question to invokation of MBean operations,
    >
    >I use the alphaworks MBeaninspector to view my MBeans in WAS 5.1. I have
    >created a MBean according to the some IBM developerWorks article.
    >
    >code comes here:

    [snip]

    >All is packed in a Webproject and runs fine, but....
    >with the wsadmin tool I can invoke the isLoginAllowed Method, I assume I
    >cannot invoke setLoginAllowed because I don't know how to pass the
    >boolean value as a String, wsadmin tells me it don't find the operation.
    >
    >In the mbeaninspector I see my MBean but all operations are not
    >invokable. The same is true for other MBeans contained in WAS e.g. I can
    >invoke getJavaVersion from MBean JVM but not getProperty. Does someone
    >know how to get the operations invokable?? Seems like I cannot invoke
    >operations that have parameters to pass.
    >
    >Help Appreciated,
    >
    >Thanks Thomas

    try right-clicking on the operation name and select 'invoke'

    Ken

  3. Re: MBean invoke operations question

    Ken Hygh wrote in news:d36m7v$373g$1
    @news.boulder.ibm.com:

    > Thomas Hollfelder wrote:
    >
    >>Hi to All,
    >>
    >>I have a question to invokation of MBean operations,
    >>
    >>I use the alphaworks MBeaninspector to view my MBeans in WAS 5.1. I have
    >>created a MBean according to the some IBM developerWorks article.
    >>
    >>code comes here:
    >>

    > [snip]
    >
    >>All is packed in a Webproject and runs fine, but....
    >>with the wsadmin tool I can invoke the isLoginAllowed Method, I assume I
    >>cannot invoke setLoginAllowed because I don't know how to pass the
    >>boolean value as a String, wsadmin tells me it don't find the operation.
    >>
    >>In the mbeaninspector I see my MBean but all operations are not
    >>invokable. The same is true for other MBeans contained in WAS e.g. I can
    >>invoke getJavaVersion from MBean JVM but not getProperty. Does someone
    >>know how to get the operations invokable?? Seems like I cannot invoke
    >>operations that have parameters to pass.
    >>
    >>Help Appreciated,
    >>
    >>Thanks Thomas
    >>

    > try right-clicking on the operation name and select 'invoke'
    >
    > Ken

    Uh, no chance..., it's grayed out.
    I found in the alphaworks FAQ for mbeansinpector the following:
    http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/m...spector/faq#01

    1. I want to call an MBean operation, but the Invoke menu item for my
    desired operation is greyed-out -- why?

    The operation you are trying to invoke expects an unsupported data type
    as a parameter. MBeanInspector knows how to provide many commonly used
    data types, but not all.

    The unsupported DataType seems to be a java.lang.String ?????

    As I use WSAD 5.1.2 with WAS 5.1 it may be a compilation problem? I know
    that mbeaninspector was working fine with the 5.0 version.

    Thomas

  4. Re: MBean invoke operations question

    I did a complete reinstall of the mbeaninspector and now it works.

    >> try right-clicking on the operation name and select 'invoke'
    >>
    >> Ken

    > Uh, no chance..., it's grayed out.
    > I found in the alphaworks FAQ for mbeansinpector the following:
    > http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/m...spector/faq#01
    >

    > 1. I want to call an MBean operation, but the Invoke menu item for my
    > desired operation is greyed-out -- why?
    >
    > The operation you are trying to invoke expects an unsupported data
    > type as a parameter. MBeanInspector knows how to provide many
    > commonly used data types, but not all.
    >

    > The unsupported DataType seems to be a java.lang.String ?????
    >
    > As I use WSAD 5.1.2 with WAS 5.1 it may be a compilation problem? I
    > know that mbeaninspector was working fine with the 5.0 version.
    >

    > Thomas

+ Reply to Thread