Transaction problem with security enabled - Websphere

This is a discussion on Transaction problem with security enabled - Websphere ; We currently experiment a problem with Websphere Application Server 5.0.2 while activating the security. We have an application using EJB (cmp, bmp, ...) running fine on a Websphere cluster. But when we enable the security, then we have a transaction ...

  1. Transaction problem with security enabled

    We currently experiment a problem with Websphere Application Server 5.0.2
    while activating the security.

    We have an application using EJB (cmp, bmp, ...) running fine on a Websphere
    cluster. But when we enable the security, then we have a transaction
    exception in an ejb store of a BMP (there are also store on CMP within the
    transaction). The datasource is referenced as shareable and there are no
    access intents declared.

    the exception is: TransactionIm E WTRN0062E: An illegal attempt to use
    multiple resources that have only one-phase capability has occurred within a
    global transaction.

    We also tried to redeploy the application when the security has been
    enabled, same problem.

    I am a little bit concerned as it works fine without the security enabled,
    and not anymore once enabled, and I haven't been able to fine what could be
    the difference when deploying, as we do not use roles, and authentication is
    done by the server and not the caller. Moreover, the server is run as root
    on a linux box.

    Am I missing something while deploying on a secured WAS ? Or is there
    anything special to do to sort that ?

    Thanks

    Jacques Desmazieres

  2. Re: Transaction problem with security enabled

    Sorry I probably posted a little bit too fast, because searching more deeply
    in the IBM Websphere Support site I found that it is a referenced bug in
    version prior to 5.0.2.2 : APAR PQ75055

    Jacques Desmazieres

    "Jacques Desmazieres" a écrit dans le
    message de news:d2eemm$6f8$1@s1.news.oleane.net...
    > We currently experiment a problem with Websphere Application Server 5.0.2
    > while activating the security.
    >
    > We have an application using EJB (cmp, bmp, ...) running fine on a

    Websphere
    > cluster. But when we enable the security, then we have a transaction
    > exception in an ejb store of a BMP (there are also store on CMP within the
    > transaction). The datasource is referenced as shareable and there are no
    > access intents declared.
    >
    > the exception is: TransactionIm E WTRN0062E: An illegal attempt to use
    > multiple resources that have only one-phase capability has occurred within

    > global transaction.
    >
    > We also tried to redeploy the application when the security has been
    > enabled, same problem.
    >
    > I am a little bit concerned as it works fine without the security enabled,
    > and not anymore once enabled, and I haven't been able to fine what could

    be
    > the difference when deploying, as we do not use roles, and authentication

    is
    > done by the server and not the caller. Moreover, the server is run as root
    > on a linux box.
    >
    > Am I missing something while deploying on a secured WAS ? Or is there
    > anything special to do to sort that ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > Jacques Desmazieres

+ Reply to Thread