configuration question - Websphere

This is a discussion on configuration question - Websphere ; Hi! This is pretty urgent.I want to know what is the best way to set relative paths in WAS 5.0 My Web app (War) has an xml file and xsd file. I want to give a relative path in the ...

  1. configuration question

    Hi!
    This is pretty urgent.I want to know what is the best way to set
    relative paths in WAS 5.0
    My Web app (War) has an xml file and xsd file. I want to give a relative
    path in the Schemal location . Giving just the name of the xsd file in the
    same directory or giving '.\' before the file name doesn't work and WAS is
    always looking at its startup directory something like
    C:\Progra~1\wsad\5.1.1\ but i want to give relative to my WAR or EAR.

    Thanks in advance,
    Sai

  2. Re: configuration question

    Files in WEB-INF/classes or lib are directly accessible to the App at the
    runtime. I dont think you have to hardcode paths in your App. If at all you
    want to, you can always use "application.installdir" or something on those
    lines at run time to determine which dir the App is located at.

    May be I am not clear with the issue
    Dexthor.

    "Sai Kumar" wrote in message
    > Hi!
    > This is pretty urgent.I want to know what is the best way to set
    > relative paths in WAS 5.0
    > My Web app (War) has an xml file and xsd file. I want to give a
    > relative
    > path in the Schemal location . Giving just the name of the xsd file in the
    > same directory or giving '.\' before the file name doesn't work and WAS is
    > always looking at its startup directory something like
    > C:\Progra~1\wsad\5.1.1\ but i want to give relative to my WAR or EAR.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Sai

+ Reply to Thread