We are getting the following warning messages in the logs file, everytime a
connection to a database is made:

An active transaction should be present while processing method

When I searched on Google, I got the following page:

It says the cause of the warning message is following:
These messages are being produced due to an "unsupported" environment.
When application has spun its own threads from an EJB, accessing a database
is not supported (per the J2EE specification).

It also talks about how to suppress the warning messages.

The only EJB we are using is the WAS Scheduler. I guess it spawns
threads and that is why we are getting these messages. I am not able to
understand the reason for getting these messages.

Could anyone please throw some light on this message, and when this
exactly appears? Any help will be appreciated.