Anyone know what would cause this IBM RMIC error? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Anyone know what would cause this IBM RMIC error? - Websphere ; I get the following error when deploying an EAR to WebSphere (i.e. AdminConsole: Applications->Install New Application). The same thing happens when using the AAT. I finally was able to reproduce it on the command line. The admin console obscures the ...

  1. Anyone know what would cause this IBM RMIC error?

    I get the following error when deploying an EAR to WebSphere (i.e. AdminConsole: Applications->Install New Application). The same thing happens when
    using the AAT. I finally was able to reproduce it on the command line. The admin console obscures the error, but the AAT showed the following error
    as well.

    java.lang.Error: Failed to find valid type to swap for com.miragy.prez.service.MyRemoteInterface mis-identified as Remote interface
    at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Type.getValidType(Type.jav a:732)
    at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.CompoundType$Method.swapIn validTypes(CompoundType.java:2186)
    at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.CompoundType.swapInvalidTy pes(CompoundType.java:1025)
    at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Type.updateAllInvalidTypes (Type.java:667)
    at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.ContextStack.pop(ContextSt ack.java:256)
    at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.ImplementationType.forImpl ementation(ImplementationType.java:88)
    at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.StubGenerator.getTopType(S tubGenerator.java:143)
    at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Generator.generate(Generat or.java:279)
    at sun.rmi.rmic.Main.doCompile(Main.java:547)
    at sun.rmi.rmic.Main.compile(Main.java:142)
    at sun.rmi.rmic.Main.main(Main.java:786)

    Funny thing is, I can deploy the SAME ear to JBoss just fine. (I needed a reality-check, so I tried it.)

    Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. Moral support is appreciated as well... :-)

    Dave

    My server version info is:

    Installed Product

    Name IBM WebSphere Application Server
    Version 5.0.2.9
    ID BASE
    Build Level cf90448.01
    Build Date 12/03/2004

    Installed Product

    Name IBM WebSphere SDK
    Version 1.3.1
    ID JDK
    Build Level ${build.level}
    Build Date ${dateStamp}

    Installed Product

    Name IBM WebSphere Application Server Enterprise
    Version 5.0.2.6
    ID PME
    Build Level cf60425.02
    Build Date 06/23/2004

  2. Re: Anyone know what would cause this IBM RMIC error?

    David Pankros wrote:

    > I get the following error when deploying an EAR to WebSphere (i.e.
    > AdminConsole: Applications->Install New Application). The same thing
    > happens when using the AAT. I finally was able to reproduce it on the
    > command line. The admin console obscures the error, but the AAT showed
    > the following error as well.
    >
    > java.lang.Error: Failed to find valid type to swap for
    > com.miragy.prez.service.MyRemoteInterface mis-identified as Remote
    > interface
    > at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Type.getValidType(Type.jav a:732)
    > at
    > com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.CompoundType$Method.swapIn validTypes(CompoundType.java:2186)
    >
    > at
    > com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.CompoundType.swapInvalidTy pes(CompoundType.java:1025)
    >
    > at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Type.updateAllInvalidTypes (Type.java:667)
    > at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.ContextStack.pop(ContextSt ack.java:256)
    > at
    > com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.ImplementationType.forImpl ementation(ImplementationType.java:88)
    >
    > at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.StubGenerator.getTopType(S tubGenerator.java:143)
    > at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Generator.generate(Generat or.java:279)
    > at sun.rmi.rmic.Main.doCompile(Main.java:547)
    > at sun.rmi.rmic.Main.compile(Main.java:142)
    > at sun.rmi.rmic.Main.main(Main.java:786)

    Open a PMR

  3. Re: Anyone know what would cause this IBM RMIC error?

    Paul Ilechko wrote:
    > Open a PMR

    If I had a support contract, I would. AFAIK, I can't submit a PMR without
    one, though I could be wrong because finding information isn't always easy
    on the IBM web site.

    I thought maybe, by some strike of luck, someone here might have run into
    the problem and know how to fix it or how to work around it. Just my crazy
    hope...

  4. Re: Anyone know what would cause this IBM RMIC error?

    David Pankros wrote:

    > I get the following error when deploying an EAR to WebSphere (i.e.
    > AdminConsole: Applications->Install New Application). The same thing
    > happens when using the AAT. I finally was able to reproduce it on the
    > command line. The admin console obscures the error, but the AAT
    > showed the following error as well.
    >
    > java.lang.Error: Failed to find valid type to swap for
    > com.miragy.prez.service.MyRemoteInterface mis-identified as Remote
    > interface
    > at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Type.getValidType(Type.jav a:732)
    > at
    > com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.CompoundType$Method.swapIn validTypes(CompoundType.java:2186)
    >
    > at
    > com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.CompoundType.swapInvalidTy pes(CompoundType.java:1025)
    >
    > at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Type.updateAllInvalidTypes (Type.java:667)
    > at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.ContextStack.pop(ContextSt ack.java:256)
    > at
    > com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.ImplementationType.forImpl ementation(ImplementationType.java:88)
    >
    > at
    > com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.StubGenerator.getTopType(S tubGenerator.java:143)
    > at com.ibm.tools.rmic.iiop.Generator.generate(Generat or.java:279)
    > at sun.rmi.rmic.Main.doCompile(Main.java:547)
    > at sun.rmi.rmic.Main.compile(Main.java:142)
    > at sun.rmi.rmic.Main.main(Main.java:786)
    >

    > Funny thing is, I can deploy the SAME ear to JBoss just fine. (I
    > needed a reality-check, so I tried it.)
    >
    > Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. Moral support is appreciated as
    > well... :-)
    >
    > Dave

    I'd take a look at the deployment descriptors and MyRemoteInterface. WAS
    often enforces J2EE more stringently than other products.
    Ken

  5. Re: Anyone know what would cause this IBM RMIC error?

    Paul Ilechko wrote:
    > No, you're correct. I guess I'm just very surprised that anyone would
    > buy WAS and *not* buy a support contract.

    I have it for development purposes. It's not a production server. I got
    WAS through developer works which, regretably does not offer any support --
    just software.

  6. Re: Anyone know what would cause this IBM RMIC error?

    David Pankros wrote:
    > Paul Ilechko wrote:
    > > Open a PMR

    > If I had a support contract, I would. AFAIK, I can't submit a PMR
    > without one, though I could be wrong because finding information isn't
    > always easy on the IBM web site.

    No, you're correct. I guess I'm just very surprised that anyone would
    buy WAS and *not* buy a support contract.

  7. Re: Anyone know what would cause this IBM RMIC error?

    Ken Hygh wrote:
    > I'd take a look at the deployment descriptors and MyRemoteInterface. WAS
    > often enforces J2EE more stringently than other products.

    Thanks. Actually, it's not even looking at the deployment descriptor. It
    comes in when it's executing something like:

    rmic -extdirs -classpath
    -iiop -always -d C:\tmp\c0f35684\myejbjar-1\ejbModule -sourcepath
    C:\tmp\c0f35684\myejbjar-1\ejbModule
    com.miragy.prez.service.EJSRemoteStatelessMyRemote InterfaceHome_9361e91d
    com.miragy.prez.service.EJSRemoteStatelessMyRemote Interface_9361e91d

    As far as I know, it doesn't look at the ejb-jar.xml file for THAT, does
    it? Regardless, I stripped just about everything from the ejb-jar.xml file
    trying to rid myself of the error, to no avail. Nothing but the most basic
    definitions are in there (and now for only 1 session bean where there were
    about 15). The session bean shouldn't even be able to work in it's current
    state (it's missing resource-refs), but it should at least *deploy*.

    Dave

  8. Re: Anyone know what would cause this IBM RMIC error?

    David Pankros wrote:
    > Ken Hygh wrote:
    > rmic -extdirs -classpath > paths> -iiop -always -d C:\tmp\c0f35684\myejbjar-1\ejbModule -sourcepath
    > C:\tmp\c0f35684\myejbjar-1\ejbModule
    > com.miragy.prez.service.EJSRemoteStatelessMyRemote InterfaceHome_9361e91d
    > com.miragy.prez.service.EJSRemoteStatelessMyRemote Interface_9361e91d

    Just a bit more info. I just realized if I just try to compile
    com.miragy.prez.service.EJSRemoteStatelessMyRemote Interface_9361e91d and
    not the *Home* file, it compiles. If I do just the *Home* it gives me:
    error: Class MyRemoteInterfaceHome contains an invalid return type.

    If I do both it gives me the error I mentioned before. Odd...

    Another strange thing is that the MyRemoteInterfaceHome file is only:

    package com.miragy.prez.service;

    public interface MyRemoteInterfaceHome
    extends javax.ejb.EJBHome
    {
    public static final String COMP_NAME="java:comp/env/ejb/MyRemoteInterface";
    public static final String
    JNDI_NAME="ejb/com/miragy/prez/service/MyRemoteInterfaceHome";

    public com.miragy.prez.service.MyRemoteInterface create()
    throws javax.ejb.CreateException,java.rmi.RemoteException ;
    }

    Heck, that could be straight out of any "How to Learn EJB" book! I just
    don't get it... And I've been staring at this much too long...

  9. Re: Anyone know what would cause this IBM RMIC error?

    I faced similar issues. Its resolved by removing static identifier from variable declaration.

    You may try by removing static in the fields..

    i mean

    public final String COMP_NAME="java:comp/env/ejb/MyRemoteInterface";
    public final String
    JNDI_NAME="ejb/com/miragy/prez/service/MyRemoteInterfaceHome";

    Muhammed
    muhammed.k@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread