IBM DB2 datasource for transaction support (For Type 4 driver) - Websphere

This is a discussion on IBM DB2 datasource for transaction support (For Type 4 driver) - Websphere ; Hi All, I am trying deploy an application on WebSphere Application Server v5.1.0 . I am using IBM DB2 as the backend. I want my datasource to be enlisted in transaction. I am using Type 4 kind of driver. Which ...

  1. IBM DB2 datasource for transaction support (For Type 4 driver)

    Hi All,
    I am trying deploy an application on WebSphere Application Server
    v5.1.0 . I am using IBM DB2 as the backend. I want my datasource to be
    enlisted in transaction. I am using Type 4 kind of driver. Which
    Datsource should I use in order to support both connection pooling and
    transaction?

    Thanks,
    Swapnil

  2. Re: IBM DB2 datasource for transaction support (For Type 4 driver)

    Swapnil wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > I am trying deploy an application on WebSphere Application
    > Server v5.1.0 . I am using IBM DB2 as the backend. I want my
    > datasource to be enlisted in transaction. I am using Type 4 kind of
    > driver. Which Datsource should I use in order to support both
    > connection pooling and transaction?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Swapnil

    Either of them in the list will support both Connection Pooling and
    Transactions. Use the XA driver if you need 2-phase commit.
    Ken

  3. Re: IBM DB2 datasource for transaction support (For Type 4 driver)

    Ken Hygh wrote:
    > Swapnil wrote:
    >
    >> Hi All,
    >> I am trying deploy an application on WebSphere Application
    >> Server v5.1.0 . I am using IBM DB2 as the backend. I want my
    >> datasource to be enlisted in transaction. I am using Type 4 kind of
    >> driver. Which Datsource should I use in order to support both
    >> connection pooling and transaction?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Swapnil

    > Either of them in the list will support both Connection Pooling and
    > Transactions. Use the XA driver if you need 2-phase commit.
    > Ken

    Hi Ken,

    Thanks for your quick response. However I have a query regarding
    XA Driver. What my understanding about XA Driver is that by default it
    supports 'Global Transaction' only . If I want to use XA Driver to
    support both 'Global' as well as 'Local' transaction then do I need to
    do some setting in websphere or XA Driver implementation class in
    websphere by default supports both 'Global' and 'Local' transaction.

    Thanks,
    Swapnil

  4. Re: IBM DB2 datasource for transaction support (For Type 4 driver)

    Swapnil wrote:

    > Ken Hygh wrote:
    >
    >> Swapnil wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi All,
    >>> I am trying deploy an application on WebSphere Application
    >>> Server v5.1.0 . I am using IBM DB2 as the backend. I want my
    >>> datasource to be enlisted in transaction. I am using Type 4 kind of
    >>> driver. Which Datsource should I use in order to support both
    >>> connection pooling and transaction?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Swapnil

    >> Either of them in the list will support both Connection Pooling and
    >> Transactions. Use the XA driver if you need 2-phase commit.
    >> Ken

    > Hi Ken,
    >
    > Thanks for your quick response. However I have a query regarding
    > XA Driver. What my understanding about XA Driver is that by default it
    > supports 'Global Transaction' only . If I want to use XA Driver to
    > support both 'Global' as well as 'Local' transaction then do I need to
    > do some setting in websphere or XA Driver implementation class in
    > websphere by default supports both 'Global' and 'Local' transaction.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Swapnil

    No clue. You might ask in a DB2 ng.

    Ken

  5. Re: IBM DB2 datasource for transaction support (For Type 4 driver)

    Hi Swapnil

    I don't think that is how a XA driver works. An XA driver will basically
    support the XA interface for distributed transaction support namely, 2 phase
    commint. But I think it will also support local transactions.

    Correct me if I am wrong.

    Thanks,
    Arati

    "Swapnil" wrote in message
    > Ken Hygh wrote:
    > > Swapnil wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi All,
    > >> I am trying deploy an application on WebSphere Application
    > >> Server v5.1.0 . I am using IBM DB2 as the backend. I want my
    > >> datasource to be enlisted in transaction. I am using Type 4 kind of
    > >> driver. Which Datsource should I use in order to support both
    > >> connection pooling and transaction?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Swapnil

    > > Either of them in the list will support both Connection Pooling and
    > > Transactions. Use the XA driver if you need 2-phase commit.
    > > Ken

    > Hi Ken,
    >
    > Thanks for your quick response. However I have a query regarding
    > XA Driver. What my understanding about XA Driver is that by default it
    > supports 'Global Transaction' only . If I want to use XA Driver to
    > support both 'Global' as well as 'Local' transaction then do I need to
    > do some setting in websphere or XA Driver implementation class in
    > websphere by default supports both 'Global' and 'Local' transaction.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Swapnil

+ Reply to Thread