Re: Cell level JDBC DataSource... - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Cell level JDBC DataSource... - Websphere ; Yes - the out-of-scope variables is the main reason I think I've seen this happen. i.e. if the cell-level DataSource uses a WebSphere variable that is only defined at, say, the node or server level, Test seems to not work, ...

  1. Re: Cell level JDBC DataSource...

    Yes - the out-of-scope variables is the main reason I think I've seen this
    happen. i.e. if the cell-level DataSource uses a WebSphere variable that is
    only defined at, say, the node or server level, Test seems to not work, but
    the application does.

    Doug

    --
    Doug

  2. Re: Cell level JDBC DataSource...

    Make sure that the Deployment Manager has access to the JDBC path and a
    compatible/valid DB Client is installed in that path.

    -Dexthor.

    "Doug Breaux" wrote in message
    > Yes - the out-of-scope variables is the main reason I think I've seen this
    > happen. i.e. if the cell-level DataSource uses a WebSphere variable that
    > is only defined at, say, the node or server level, Test seems to not work,
    > but the application does.
    >
    > Doug
    >
    > CharlyOz wrote:
    >> Are the required jar files in the D:/WebSphere/AppServer/lib directory?
    >>
    >> If they are, you could also try replacing the variable name with the
    >> actual path location in the datasource driver properties. If it works
    >> after this, then your variable may not be set in the right scope.
    >>
    >> "Bonaponta Pirepare" wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I can configure server level daatsource to SQLServer2000, test conection
    >>>succeed.
    >>>
    >>>I read
    >>>http://www-106.ibm.com/developerwork...lications.html
    >>>and configure "cell scope" datasource to SQLServer2000, but test
    >>>connection fails follows...
    >>>
    >>>java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
    >>>com/merant/datadirect/jdbc/extensions/ExtEmbeddedConnection
    >>>
    >>>"WebSphere embedded ConnectJDBC driver for MS SQL Server"
    >>>classpath is
    >>>${WAS_LIBS_DIR}/sqlserver.jar
    >>>${WAS_LIBS_DIR}/base.jar
    >>>${WAS_LIBS_DIR}/util.jar
    >>>${WAS_LIBS_DIR}/spy.jar.
    >>>
    >>>Cell scope WebSphere variable WAS_LIBS_DIR set to
    >>>D:/WebSphere/AppServer/lib.
    >>>
    >>>Is there any configuration procedure ?
    >>>
    >>>---
    >>>Makoto Shibata