How to change IP address of node joined to Deployment Manager - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to change IP address of node joined to Deployment Manager - Websphere ; I would to ask any reference or documents for handling the following situation, I have my websphere installed on 2 machine, say MACHINE_A & MACHINE_B. MACHINE_A has IP 192.168.0.100 MACHINE_B has IP 192.168.0.101 And I have a deployment manager installed ...

  1. How to change IP address of node joined to Deployment Manager

    I would to ask any reference or documents for handling the following
    situation,

    I have my websphere installed on 2 machine, say MACHINE_A & MACHINE_B.

    MACHINE_A has IP 192.168.0.100

    MACHINE_B has IP 192.168.0.101

    And I have a deployment manager installed on MACHINE_A.

    The 2 websphere were joined
    as nodes to the deployment manager. Now the MACHINE_B has to change its
    IP
    to 192.168.0.111. I would like to know any solution to change the
    deployment manager to
    complete the change without removal and re-add node B (MACHINE_B). I
    have checked
    the deployment manager "serverindex.xml" referencing node B by using
    MACHINE_B hostname.
    So, initially, I thought only the MACHINE_A's /etc/hosts need to be
    modified. However, my deployment
    manager fail the connection to MACHINE_B in this situation.

    I believe the final (worst) solution is to remove node b and add it
    again. However, I would like there is
    any alternative.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: How to change IP address of node joined to Deployment Manager

    DraculaX wrote:

    >I would to ask any reference or documents for handling the following
    >situation,
    >
    > I have my websphere installed on 2 machine, say MACHINE_A & MACHINE_B.
    >
    > MACHINE_A has IP 192.168.0.100
    >
    > MACHINE_B has IP 192.168.0.101
    >
    > And I have a deployment manager installed on MACHINE_A.
    >
    > The 2 websphere were joined
    > as nodes to the deployment manager. Now the MACHINE_B has to change its
    >IP
    > to 192.168.0.111. I would like to know any solution to change the
    >deployment manager to
    > complete the change without removal and re-add node B (MACHINE_B). I
    >have checked
    > the deployment manager "serverindex.xml" referencing node B by using
    >MACHINE_B hostname.
    > So, initially, I thought only the MACHINE_A's /etc/hosts need to be
    >modified. However, my deployment
    > manager fail the connection to MACHINE_B in this situation.
    >
    > I believe the final (worst) solution is to remove node b and add it
    >again. However, I would like there is
    > any alternative.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Go into the .../config directories in both dmgr and your application
    server that you want to change, and everywhere the IP occurs, change it.

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread