Calling Web Service from iSeries using RPGLE - Websphere

This is a discussion on Calling Web Service from iSeries using RPGLE - Websphere ; Hi All, I need to call a Web Service from the iSeries using RPGLE and access the data on the other side. Q. it is posible to do that, using only RPG? or do I have to alternate with JAVA? ...

  1. Calling Web Service from iSeries using RPGLE

    Hi All,

    I need to call a Web Service from the iSeries using RPGLE and access the
    data on the other side.

    Q. it is posible to do that, using only RPG? or do I have to alternate with
    JAVA?

    can some one give me an advise on how to start with this?

    Thanks in advance, best regards.

    Jeff Talavera

  2. Re: Calling Web Service from iSeries using RPGLE

    It can be done in RPG IV. I believe both Bob Cozzi and Bradely Stone sell
    (relatively inexpensive) procedures and tools to make it easy.

    Sam

    "Jeffreehy Talavera" wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I need to call a Web Service from the iSeries using RPGLE and access the
    > data on the other side.
    >
    > Q. it is posible to do that, using only RPG? or do I have to alternate
    > with
    > JAVA?
    >
    > can some one give me an advise on how to start with this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, best regards.
    >
    > Jeff Talavera

  3. Re: Calling Web Service from iSeries using RPGLE

    And by inexpensive you mean free!!!

    http://www.rpgiv.com/isockets/

    and

    http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/

    Enjoy

    Saml said the following on 1/18/2006 10:34 PM:
    > It can be done in RPG IV. I believe both Bob Cozzi and Bradely Stone sell
    > (relatively inexpensive) procedures and tools to make it easy.
    >
    > Sam
    >
    > "Jeffreehy Talavera" wrote in message
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I need to call a Web Service from the iSeries using RPGLE and access the
    >> data on the other side.
    >>
    >> Q. it is posible to do that, using only RPG? or do I have to alternate
    >> with
    >> JAVA?
    >>
    >> can some one give me an advise on how to start with this?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance, best regards.
    >>
    >> Jeff Talavera

  4. Re: Calling Web Service from iSeries using RPGLE

    If you have the XML toolkit on your system, you can use the Web Services
    Client for C++. Currently we document how to generate C++ stubs and thus
    you would have to wrapper that whith a C stub that can be called from the
    RPG program, but in the upcoming months we will be revealing how to
    generate C stubs that can be called directly from the RPG program.

    For more information, see
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...vicesintro.htm

  5. Re: Calling Web Service from iSeries using RPGLE

    Thanks Bryan, i'm going to take a look to that,

    Jeff.
    "bryan dietz" wrote in message
    > And by inexpensive you mean free!!!
    >
    > http://www.rpgiv.com/isockets/
    >
    > and
    >
    > http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/
    >
    > Enjoy
    >

    > Saml said the following on 1/18/2006 10:34 PM:
    > > It can be done in RPG IV. I believe both Bob Cozzi and Bradely Stone

    sell
    > > (relatively inexpensive) procedures and tools to make it easy.
    > >
    > > Sam
    > >
    > > "Jeffreehy Talavera" wrote in message
    > >> Hi All,
    > >>
    > >> I need to call a Web Service from the iSeries using RPGLE and access

    the
    > >> data on the other side.
    > >>
    > >> Q. it is posible to do that, using only RPG? or do I have to alternate
    > >> with
    > >> JAVA?
    > >>
    > >> can some one give me an advise on how to start with this?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance, best regards.
    > >>
    > >> Jeff Talavera

+ Reply to Thread