Problem installing HATS 5 LE - Websphere

This is a discussion on Problem installing HATS 5 LE - Websphere ; Hi all, Have tried numerous times to install HATS5LE - doesn't work. WAS 5.1 Express working OK. iSeries Webaccess working OK... so I thought let's have a look at HATS! Created an application server for HATS called "hats5Exp". Can start ...

  1. Problem installing HATS 5 LE

    Hi all,
    Have tried numerous times to install HATS5LE - doesn't work.

    WAS 5.1 Express working OK. iSeries Webaccess working OK... so I
    thought let's have a look at HATS!

    Created an application server for HATS called "hats5Exp". Can start it,
    log says all going smooth and the server is "ready for E-Business"

    Then placed the HATS5LE.EAR file in the
    /QIBM/UserData/WebASE51/ASE/installableAps folder. Made sure the file
    was writable.
    Working with an account that has permissions for that folder.

    Then, in my Hats application server, went through the wizard to add a
    new application. In the last step, I press Finish... and then the
    application appears in the list of apllications... but with an icon
    which is a yellow hourglass. This seems to mean that it is "waiting in
    the installation queue".
    It stays in that status forever (hours)

    If I shut down the httpservers, and the QASE51 subssystem, then restart
    everything, then look at the installed applications; the Hats5LE install
    has disappeared. I can go through the whole procedure again, but each
    time again the install ends with that yellow icon.

    No log file to be found saying something went wrong.

    Who can help?

    NB: environment: os/400 V5R3 with WAS 5.1 Express

    TIA

    --
    Paul

  2. Re: Problem installing HATS 5 LE

    Hi,

    what the fixlevel of WAS from wrkptfgrp, the SystemOut.log or versioninfo

    Henk
    "Paul D B" schreef in bericht
    > Hi all,
    > Have tried numerous times to install HATS5LE - doesn't work.
    >
    > WAS 5.1 Express working OK. iSeries Webaccess working OK... so I thought
    > let's have a look at HATS!
    >
    > Created an application server for HATS called "hats5Exp". Can start it,
    > log says all going smooth and the server is "ready for E-Business"
    >
    > Then placed the HATS5LE.EAR file in the
    > /QIBM/UserData/WebASE51/ASE/installableAps folder. Made sure the file was
    > writable.
    > Working with an account that has permissions for that folder.
    >
    > Then, in my Hats application server, went through the wizard to add a new
    > application. In the last step, I press Finish... and then the application
    > appears in the list of apllications... but with an icon which is a yellow
    > hourglass. This seems to mean that it is "waiting in the installation
    > queue".
    > It stays in that status forever (hours)
    >
    > If I shut down the httpservers, and the QASE51 subssystem, then restart
    > everything, then look at the installed applications; the Hats5LE install
    > has disappeared. I can go through the whole procedure again, but each
    > time again the install ends with that yellow icon.
    >
    > No log file to be found saying something went wrong.
    >
    > Who can help?
    >
    > NB: environment: os/400 V5R3 with WAS 5.1 Express
    >
    > TIA
    >

    > --
    > Paul

  3. Re: Problem installing HATS 5 LE

    Henk wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > what the fixlevel of WAS from wrkptfgrp, the SystemOut.log or
    > versioninfo
    > Henk
    > "Paul D B" schreef in bericht
    >> Hi all,
    >> Have tried numerous times to install HATS5LE - doesn't work.
    >>
    >> WAS 5.1 Express working OK. iSeries Webaccess working OK... so I
    >> thought let's have a look at HATS!
    >>
    >> Created an application server for HATS called "hats5Exp". Can start
    >> it, log says all going smooth and the server is "ready for
    >> E-Business" Then placed the HATS5LE.EAR file in the
    >> /QIBM/UserData/WebASE51/ASE/installableAps folder. Made sure the
    >> file was writable.
    >> Working with an account that has permissions for that folder.
    >>
    >> Then, in my Hats application server, went through the wizard to add
    >> a new application. In the last step, I press Finish... and then the
    >> application appears in the list of apllications... but with an icon
    >> which is a yellow hourglass. This seems to mean that it is "waiting
    >> in the installation queue".
    >> It stays in that status forever (hours)
    >>
    >> If I shut down the httpservers, and the QASE51 subssystem, then
    >> restart everything, then look at the installed applications; the
    >> Hats5LE install has disappeared. I can go through the whole
    >> procedure again, but each time again the install ends with that
    >> yellow icon. No log file to be found saying something went wrong.
    >>
    >> Who can help?
    >>
    >> NB: environment: os/400 V5R3 with WAS 5.1 Express
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    >> --
    >> Paul

    Oops... that could be the problem. It says "Not Installed". I thought
    that applying the 5.3 Cumpack was enough these days and that it
    contained all group ptf's... but apparantly not for WAS. I have
    order the WAS 5.1EXpr grp ptf and we'll see how it goes after that has
    been applied...

    Thanks

    --
    Paul

  4. Re: Problem installing HATS 5 LE

    Paul D B wrote:
    > Henk wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> what the fixlevel of WAS from wrkptfgrp, the SystemOut.log or
    >> versioninfo
    >> Henk
    >> "Paul D B" schreef in bericht
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> Have tried numerous times to install HATS5LE - doesn't work.

    OK... it has taking a while but finally applied the Group PTF and all is
    working fine now

    --
    Paul

+ Reply to Thread