Is this a WAS or iSeries problem? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Is this a WAS or iSeries problem? - Websphere ; Hi, In my WAS Express 502 Windows I have a DB2 UDB for iSeries Toolbox V5 datasource (implementation class com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCConnectionPoolDataSo urce) connection to iSeries version V5R1M0. I'm using java.sql.PreparedStatement in my code to get results from iSeries database. My problem: ...

  1. Is this a WAS or iSeries problem?

    Hi,

    In my WAS Express 502 Windows I have a DB2 UDB for iSeries Toolbox V5
    datasource (implementation class
    com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCConnectionPoolDataSo urce) connection to
    iSeries version V5R1M0. I'm using java.sql.PreparedStatement in my code to
    get results from iSeries database.

    My problem:
    when I perform three (rather long, almost similar) SQL statements one after
    one, the resultset of second one gets back to me again as it would be the
    result of my third SQL. If I repeat the third SQL - I finally get the
    correct result.

    So it seems strongly that either this iSeries DB2 or Windows WAS Express 502
    caches the SQL results and some how messes things up.

    Does this ring a bell to some one of you? Is this a WAS or iSeries problem?
    I would appreciate any help!

    Kind regards,
    mika

  2. Re: Is this a WAS or iSeries problem?

    Mika,

    I'm not sure about the windows implementation, but on your Toolbox
    Driver configuration there should be a property for Statement Cache
    Size. It used to be set to 10 by default. If it is, change it to 0
    and give that a shot.

    Rob

  3. Re: Is this a WAS or iSeries problem?

    Thanks Rob, but it did not work. Changing that ds value to zero doesn't
    change the behaviour.

    I'm facing this problem both with WAS 502 Express Windows server and
    with my WSAD studio test server - but only when I'm connecting Toolbox
    V5 datasource to this particular iSeries.

    Anything I could try?

    regards mika

    Rob Wilson kirjoitti:

    > Mika,
    >
    > I'm not sure about the windows implementation, but on your Toolbox
    > Driver configuration there should be a property for Statement Cache
    > Size. It used to be set to 10 by default. If it is, change it to 0
    > and give that a shot.
    >
    > Rob

  4. Re: Is this a WAS or iSeries problem?

    What toolbox driver are you using? IBM or JTOpen? What Version?

  5. Re: Is this a WAS or iSeries problem?

    There is a manifest.mf file in that particular jt400.jar that I'm
    using.

    Manifest-Version: 1.0
    Name: com/ibm/as400/access/
    Implementation-Version: 5722-JC1 Version 5 Release 2 Modification leve
    l 0.3
    Specification-Title: IBM Toolbox for Java
    Specification-Version: 5.2.0.3
    Implementation-Title: com.ibm.as400.access
    Created-By: 1.2.2 (IBM Corporation)
    Implementation-Vendor: IBM Corporation
    Specification-Vendor: IBM Corporation

    regards mika

    jim.mclean@gmail.com kirjoitti:

    > What toolbox driver are you using? IBM or JTOpen? What Version?

  6. Re: Is this a WAS or iSeries problem?

    Now I have tested this with both 5203 and 510 level Toolbox jars.

    I downloaded the level 510 jt400.jar onto my Windows WAS 502 server's
    disk from the very V5R1 iSeries that I'm having the problem with. It
    was found from that iSeries also in
    /QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/jt400/lib. So now it should match the OS
    level.

    I created a new JDBC provider on my Windows WAS 502 Server based on
    that 510 jt400.jar. Then I created a V5 datasource with statement cache
    0, and installed my application pointing to this new datasource.

    It behaves exactly the same way. The third long and similar SQL keeps
    returning the result of the second SQL.

    regards mika

  7. Re: Is this a WAS or iSeries problem?

    I'd open a PMR with IBM Support. If you're using their toolbox then
    they should support it.

    Personally, I've been using JTOpen with much success. I believe their
    latest release is 4.8.

+ Reply to Thread