WDSc V5.1.2 AE - RSE error - Websphere

This is a discussion on WDSc V5.1.2 AE - RSE error - Websphere ; Dear all, I am new to WDSc tools. Try to access my source using LPEX via RSE and encounter error like RSEG1066U. Last week I was able to locate my library and source but not able to edit the source; ...

  1. WDSc V5.1.2 AE - RSE error

    Dear all,

    I am new to WDSc tools. Try to access my source using LPEX via RSE and
    encounter error like RSEG1066U.

    Last week I was able to locate my library and source but not able to edit
    the source; LPEX or RSE giving me error RSEF1002E. I traced the log and
    found some authority required on DDM or DRDA? What is the authority I need
    to grant the developer to access their program source?

    Thanks & regards

    Leonard

  2. Re: WDSc V5.1.2 AE - RSE error

    I've no idea what RSEF1002E means...

    Thoughts:

    Make sure you have the host servers started on the iSeries.

    Make sure your RSE connection is using a user profile that has at least the
    same authority to the objects that PDM has.

    When you added your connection did you check for missing PTFs? If not,
    expand the connection, right click on iSeries Objects and click Verify
    Connection.

    You might also search the WDSC list at Midrange.com.

    Sam

    "Leonard Thum" wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I am new to WDSc tools. Try to access my source using LPEX via RSE and
    > encounter error like RSEG1066U.
    >
    > Last week I was able to locate my library and source but not able to edit
    > the source; LPEX or RSE giving me error RSEF1002E. I traced the log and
    > found some authority required on DDM or DRDA? What is the authority I need
    > to grant the developer to access their program source?
    >
    > Thanks & regards
    >
    > Leonard

  3. Re: WDSc V5.1.2 AE - RSE error

    Dear Sam,

    Will do the search at Midrange.com; thanks.

    RSEF1002E - file system input or output error.
    Yes, I log in with my as400 profile that has sufficient authority when using
    PDM or SEU via ca400. However, accessing the source via RSE apparently did
    not go thru; it basically accesing the files using some remote command or
    instruction via certain common user profile like QUSER. However, the QUSER
    would need to have necessary authority to access or edit the source. I am
    trying to find out the proper authority that I shld be setting so the user
    logging from RSE or ca400 would not encounter authority issues.

    "Saml" wrote in message
    > I've no idea what RSEF1002E means...
    >
    > Thoughts:
    >
    > Make sure you have the host servers started on the iSeries.
    >
    > Make sure your RSE connection is using a user profile that has at least
    > the same authority to the objects that PDM has.
    >
    > When you added your connection did you check for missing PTFs? If not,
    > expand the connection, right click on iSeries Objects and click Verify
    > Connection.
    >
    > You might also search the WDSC list at Midrange.com.
    >
    > Sam
    >
    > "Leonard Thum" wrote in message
    >> Dear all,
    >>
    >> I am new to WDSc tools. Try to access my source using LPEX via RSE and
    >> encounter error like RSEG1066U.
    >>
    >> Last week I was able to locate my library and source but not able to edit
    >> the source; LPEX or RSE giving me error RSEF1002E. I traced the log and
    >> found some authority required on DDM or DRDA? What is the authority I
    >> need to grant the developer to access their program source?
    >>
    >> Thanks & regards
    >>
    >> Leonard

+ Reply to Thread