installing WAS5.1 ND on iSeries - Websphere

This is a discussion on installing WAS5.1 ND on iSeries - Websphere ; Just got the CD's from IBM to install WebSphere Application Server ND 5.1.1 After checking it seems that we received all versions but... iSeries version? Is this version on a seperate CD? Do we have to install it from one ...

  1. installing WAS5.1 ND on iSeries

    Just got the CD's from IBM to install WebSphere Application Server ND 5.1.1

    After checking it seems that we received all versions but... iSeries
    version?

    Is this version on a seperate CD?
    Do we have to install it from one of the other CD's ?

    ???

  2. Re: installing WAS5.1 ND on iSeries

    Where did you order the CDs from? This page from the WebSphere Application
    Server for iSeries web site has the packaging and ordering information:
    http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserve...ckagend51.html
    Page down to get to the ordering section.

    There are a lot of CD that come with the iSerie product - WAS for all
    platforms including iSeries should be there. If you accidentally got the WAS
    for Multiplatforms product, the iSeries CDs would be missing.

    Note: Only V5.1 can be ordered as an install image. Once you install the
    product, you need to apply the latest V5.1 group PTF to get up to 5.1.1.x
    (5.1.1.6 currently).

    "Patrick Goovaerts" wrote in message
    > Just got the CD's from IBM to install WebSphere Application Server ND

    5.1.1

    > After checking it seems that we received all versions but... iSeries
    > version?
    >
    > Is this version on a seperate CD?
    > Do we have to install it from one of the other CD's ?
    >

    > ???

  3. Re: installing WAS5.1 ND on iSeries

    Frances,

    We ordered the package thru passport advantage.
    ==> WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment for iSeries V5.1
    eAssembly (CR1AWML)
    ==> WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V5.1 Deployment Manager
    eAssembly (Includes V5.1.1 updates) (CR15IML)

    And received the Multiversion Package, seems to be the wrong one...

    You mention that only V5.1 can be ordered as an install image. Do you mean
    that V6 is not available on CD?

    thanks.

    "Frances Stewart" wrote in message
    > Where did you order the CDs from? This page from the WebSphere Application
    > Server for iSeries web site has the packaging and ordering information:

    http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserve...ckagend51.html
    > Page down to get to the ordering section.
    >
    > There are a lot of CD that come with the iSerie product - WAS for all
    > platforms including iSeries should be there. If you accidentally got the

    WAS
    > for Multiplatforms product, the iSeries CDs would be missing.
    >
    > Note: Only V5.1 can be ordered as an install image. Once you install the
    > product, you need to apply the latest V5.1 group PTF to get up to 5.1.1.x
    > (5.1.1.6 currently).
    >

    > "Patrick Goovaerts" wrote in message
    > > Just got the CD's from IBM to install WebSphere Application Server ND

    > 5.1.1
    > >
    > > After checking it seems that we received all versions but... iSeries
    > > version?
    > >
    > > Is this version on a seperate CD?
    > > Do we have to install it from one of the other CD's ?
    > >

    > > ???

  4. Re: installing WAS5.1 ND on iSeries

    No - I meant that you said V5.1.1 and to the best of my knowledge you could
    only get V5.1 install image. V6 is a different version and I was not talking
    about it.

    It seems like there are two packages in your list below
    ==> WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment for iSeries V5.1
    eAssembly (CR1AWML)
    ==> WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V5.1 Deployment Manager
    eAssembly (Includes V5.1.1 updates) (CR15IML)

    The second one does not mention iSeries. I would expect that one to be for
    Multiplatforms. Did you get both? Or just one (the second one)?
    Is there an ID on the CDs - such as CR15IML vs. CR1AWML?

    At any rate I am speculating. Depending on your answers to the above
    questions, I can see if I can find someone who can look at Passport
    Advantage and ensure that the right set of CDs is associated with WebSphere

    > Frances,
    >
    > We ordered the package thru passport advantage.
    > ==> WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment for iSeries V5.1
    > eAssembly (CR1AWML)
    > ==> WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V5.1 Deployment

    Manager
    > eAssembly (Includes V5.1.1 updates) (CR15IML)
    >
    > And received the Multiversion Package, seems to be the wrong one...
    >
    > You mention that only V5.1 can be ordered as an install image. Do you

    mean
    > that V6 is not available on CD?
    >
    > thanks.
    >
    > "Frances Stewart" wrote in message
    > > Where did you order the CDs from? This page from the WebSphere

    Application
    > > Server for iSeries web site has the packaging and ordering information:

    http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserve...ckagend51.html
    > > Page down to get to the ordering section.
    > >
    > > There are a lot of CD that come with the iSerie product - WAS for all
    > > platforms including iSeries should be there. If you accidentally got the

    > WAS
    > > for Multiplatforms product, the iSeries CDs would be missing.
    > >
    > > Note: Only V5.1 can be ordered as an install image. Once you install the
    > > product, you need to apply the latest V5.1 group PTF to get up to

    5.1.1.x
    > > (5.1.1.6 currently).
    > >

    > > "Patrick Goovaerts" wrote in message
    > > > Just got the CD's from IBM to install WebSphere Application Server ND

    > > 5.1.1
    > > >
    > > > After checking it seems that we received all versions but... iSeries
    > > > version?
    > > >
    > > > Is this version on a seperate CD?
    > > > Do we have to install it from one of the other CD's ?
    > > >

    > > > ???

  5. Re: installing WAS5.1 ND on iSeries

    Frances,

    It seems something is really wrong. Since IBM has moved WebSphere into
    Passport Advantage last summer, we have nothing but difficulties with it...

    Anyway, we have our sales_representative at IBM looking at it now and I hope
    it will be ok soon.

    Hopefully all will go correctly when we order the V6 packages. For this
    version, Pasport Advantage is reporting all correct versions...
    (iSeries ND / iSeries Deployment Manager + MultiPlatform ND / MultiPlatform
    Deployment Manager)

    thanks again, at least we got the confirmation that there was indeed a
    seperate version for iSeries available.

+ Reply to Thread