db2/400 access remotely from WebSphere - Websphere

This is a discussion on db2/400 access remotely from WebSphere - Websphere ; We have installed DB2/400 on V5R3 (iSeries). I would like to access db2/400 remotely from WebSphere 6.0 on windows server. Does anybody knows how to access db2/400 remotely from IBM WebSphere 6.0 on Windows Server? Which Db2 Client Software need ...

  1. db2/400 access remotely from WebSphere

    We have installed DB2/400 on V5R3 (iSeries).

    I would like to access db2/400 remotely from WebSphere 6.0 on windows
    server.
    Does anybody knows how to access db2/400 remotely from IBM WebSphere
    6.0 on Windows Server?
    Which Db2 Client Software need to be installed to access db2/400
    remotely? How to configure data source for remote db2/400 on WebSphere
    Application Server 6.0?

    Your help will more appreciate.
    Uday

  2. Re: db2/400 access remotely from WebSphere

    You will need the IBM Toolbox for Java JDBC driver. The IBM Toolbox for
    Java JDBC driver is included with the IBM Toolbox for Java product.

    IBM Toolbox for Java is a library of Java classes that are optimized
    for accessing iSeries and AS/400 data and resources. You can use the
    IBM Toolbox for Java JDBC driver to access local or remote DB2 UDB for
    iSeries databases from server-side and client Java applications that
    run on any platform that supports Java.

    IBM Toolbox for Java is available in these versions:
    IBM Toolbox for Java licensed program
    The licensed program is available with every OS/400 release, starting
    with Version 4 Release 2 (V4R2). You can install the licensed program
    on your iSeries system, and then either copy the IBM Toolbox for Java
    JAR file (jt400.jar) to your system or update your system classpath to
    locate the server installation. Product documentation for IBM Toolbox
    for Java is available from the iSeries information center:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...2924/index.htm
    Locate the documentation by traversing the following path in the
    left-hand navigation window of the iSeries information center:
    Programming > Java > IBM Toolbox for Java.
    JTOpen
    JTOpen is the open source version of IBM Toolbox for Java, and is more
    frequently updated than the licensed program version. You can download
    JTOpen from
    http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver.../downloads.htm. You
    can also download the JTOpen Programming Guide. The guide includes
    instructions for installing JTOpen and information about the JDBC
    driver.
    The JDBC driver for both versions supports JDBC 3.0. For more
    information about IBM Toolbox for Java and JTOpen, see the product Web
    site at
    http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver...box/index.html.

    Since you are using WebSphere Application Server on Windows, use the
    JTOpen version of the Toolbox JDBC driver.

    To set-up the DataSource, see
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...v6r0/index.jsp

+ Reply to Thread