Stored procedure results incorrect - Websphere

This is a discussion on Stored procedure results incorrect - Websphere ; Hi all, I working on Websphere (v5.1) J2EE application that calls a stored procedure backed by an RPG program. The stored procedure accepts 6 input parameters and returns a resultset. The RPG program is used to interface to another iSeries ...

  1. Stored procedure results incorrect

    Hi all,

    I working on Websphere (v5.1) J2EE application that calls a stored
    procedure backed by an RPG program. The stored procedure accepts 6
    input parameters and returns a resultset. The RPG program is used to
    interface to another iSeries application. It returns the resultset
    using 'SET RESULT SETS ARRAY :RS FOR :row ROWS". There are 16 columns
    in the resultset.

    This has been working fine since it was created about 1 year ago. We
    recently upgraded OS400 to v5r3. The application works as expected on
    the first call after start/restart of the Websphere instance. But, on
    each subsequent call, the 10th column of the resultset is set to null.
    The problem only seems to occur when running thru the iSeries Websphere
    (and native JDBC driver) stack -- it works as expected when run from my
    development machine (Windows 2000 and WDSCi v5.1.2) using the toolbox
    driver. I have tried calling the SP from iSeries Navigator; a
    stand-alone, client-side Java program (using toolbox driver); and a
    stand-alone, server-side Java program (using native driver) and it
    always works as expected.

    Does anyone have a solution or other ideas on how to debug this
    problem.

    Thanks, Curtis

  2. Re: Stored procedure results incorrect

    Curtis,
    I have no idea what your problem might be, but the v5r2 native JDBC
    driver had a property called 'trace' which can be set to true to aid
    debugging. Perhaps the v5r3 driver has something similar. (There is
    also a 'serverTraceCategories' property, but apparently this is for IBM
    use only.)

    In WAS 5.0 you can adjust the value of this property via: Resources -
    JDBC Providers - your provider - DataSources - your datasource - Custom
    Properties. Presumably WAS 5.1 is similar.

    Walker.

  3. Re: Stored procedure results incorrect

    Curtis,
    I don't know what your problem could be, but the v5r2 native JDBC
    driver has a 'trace' property which can be set to true to aid with
    debugging. Perhaps v5r3 has something similar?

    In WAS 5.0 you access this property from Resources - JDBC Providers -
    your provider - DataSources - your datasource - Custom Properties. I
    imaginbe WAS 5.1 would be similar.

    There is also a 'serverTraceCategories' property, but this seems to be
    for IBM use only.

    Walker.

  4. Re: Stored procedure results incorrect

    Resolved. There is a 'test' PTF that resolves the problem -- it is not
    GA yet, but software support released it to me and it fixed the issue.

    Curtis ...

+ Reply to Thread