WAS 6 prime time or not ?????? - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 6 prime time or not ?????? - Websphere ; Hi; WAS 6 for iSeries has been available for almost 6 months. Any one migrated and using it for production yet. Interested to know if is ready for 7x24 prime time job. We are very interested in the web services ...

  1. WAS 6 prime time or not ??????

    Hi;

    WAS 6 for iSeries has been available for almost 6 months. Any one migrated
    and using it for production yet. Interested to know if is ready for 7x24
    prime time job.

    We are very interested in the web services new functionalities but would
    like to see if anyone has been there already and survived.

    Anyone has any successful (or not so successful) story to share with us.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: WAS 6 prime time or not ??????

    I used to use the preTestSQLString to avoid StaleConnectionExceptions in WAS
    5 but could not find the equivalent in WAS 6.
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...etestconn.html

    This is a serious negative for WAS 6 in production if it does not exist,
    IMO.

    Dan

    "raymond yeung" wrote in message
    > Hi;
    >
    > WAS 6 for iSeries has been available for almost 6 months. Any one migrated
    > and using it for production yet. Interested to know if is ready for 7x24
    > prime time job.
    >
    > We are very interested in the web services new functionalities but would
    > like to see if anyone has been there already and survived.
    >
    > Anyone has any successful (or not so successful) story to share with us.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: WAS 6 prime time or not ??????

    It is still in 6.0, but it was moved because it was not truly a JDBC
    DataSource property.

    See:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...73%71%6c%22%20

    "dm" wrote in message
    > I used to use the preTestSQLString to avoid StaleConnectionExceptions in

    WAS
    > 5 but could not find the equivalent in WAS 6.

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...etestconn.html

    > This is a serious negative for WAS 6 in production if it does not exist,
    > IMO.
    >
    > Dan
    >
    > "raymond yeung" wrote in message
    > > Hi;
    > >
    > > WAS 6 for iSeries has been available for almost 6 months. Any one

    migrated
    > > and using it for production yet. Interested to know if is ready for 7x24
    > > prime time job.
    > >
    > > We are very interested in the web services new functionalities but would
    > > like to see if anyone has been there already and survived.
    > >
    > > Anyone has any successful (or not so successful) story to share with us.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread