mmiVerifyTpAndGetWorkSize in WAS Console - Websphere

This is a discussion on mmiVerifyTpAndGetWorkSize in WAS Console - Websphere ; I currently have a servlet that call java classes to retrieve a pdf form and fill in some information from the request parameters and then the servlet forwards the pdf output as a ByteArrayOutputStream to the browser using the response ...

  1. mmiVerifyTpAndGetWorkSize in WAS Console

    I currently have a servlet that call java classes to retrieve a pdf form and
    fill in some information from the request parameters and then the servlet
    forwards the pdf output as a ByteArrayOutputStream to the browser using the
    response object.

    See sample code below:
    ByteArrayOutputStream tempout = new ByteArrayOutputStream();

    pdf.render(tempout);

    res.setContentType("application/pdf");

    res.setContentLength(tempout.size());

    tempout.writeTo(res.getOutputStream());

    When I do this the WAS console gets the following error type of message over
    and over again.

    mmiVerifyTpAndGetWorkSize: stack_height=2 should be zero; exit

    Is there something I can do Java Virtual Machine setting etc to get this
    error to stop?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: mmiVerifyTpAndGetWorkSize in WAS Console

    I think I found an answer so I will post this now. If anyone else has any
    other information please let me know.
    Here is a link to an IBM site that explains it is a bug in their versions of
    particular IBM jdks and that they have updated it to handle this.

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg1PQ83394

    "Cheri Duchrow" wrote in message
    > I currently have a servlet that call java classes to retrieve a pdf form

    and
    > fill in some information from the request parameters and then the servlet
    > forwards the pdf output as a ByteArrayOutputStream to the browser using

    the
    > response object.
    >
    > See sample code below:
    > ByteArrayOutputStream tempout = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
    >
    > pdf.render(tempout);
    >
    > res.setContentType("application/pdf");
    >
    > res.setContentLength(tempout.size());
    >
    > tempout.writeTo(res.getOutputStream());
    >

    > When I do this the WAS console gets the following error type of message

    over
    > and over again.
    >
    > mmiVerifyTpAndGetWorkSize: stack_height=2 should be zero; exit
    >
    > Is there something I can do Java Virtual Machine setting etc to get this
    > error to stop?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread