WAS 5.1 administration password - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 5.1 administration password - Websphere ; OS=V5R2 WAS = 5.1 I'm trying to help a WAS user recover a user and password for WAS admin. Is there a method to determine what the user and password were. They can start the admin console and modify their ...

  1. WAS 5.1 administration password

    OS=V5R2 WAS = 5.1
    I'm trying to help a WAS user recover a user and password for WAS admin.
    Is there a method to determine what the user and password were. They can
    start the admin console and modify their HTTP servers but when they try to
    launch the Administrative Console from the manage application servers they
    no longer have the user and password. Where or how do we retreive this.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: WAS 5.1 administration password

    It takes any name without a password. I guess it's because you already were
    authorized to get to the main admin console.
    "R Stearns" wrote in message
    > OS=V5R2 WAS = 5.1
    > I'm trying to help a WAS user recover a user and password for WAS admin.
    > Is there a method to determine what the user and password were. They can
    > start the admin console and modify their HTTP servers but when they try to
    > launch the Administrative Console from the manage application servers

    they
    > no longer have the user and password. Where or how do we retreive this.
    >
    > Thanks,

  3. Re: WAS 5.1 administration password

    Are you stating that before you were asked for a profile and password
    to access the WAS Admin Console and now you just see the profile entry
    (no password)?

+ Reply to Thread