Memory Leaks, WAS on iSeries - Websphere

This is a discussion on Memory Leaks, WAS on iSeries - Websphere ; Hi, Here There is a web application running on WAS on both iSeries and NT, developed in servlet and jsp, accessing to DB2 by using JDBC. We find the WAS instance on iSeries always reports lack memory and then dies ...

  1. Memory Leaks, WAS on iSeries

    Hi, Here

    There is a web application running on WAS on both iSeries and NT,
    developed in servlet and jsp, accessing to DB2 by using JDBC. We find the
    WAS instance on iSeries always reports lack memory and then dies after
    running several days, but WAS on NT running fine. We have 2 GB memory on
    AS400. I tried to use -verbosegc to have the garbage collection log. looks
    JVM can not release all memory after GC and it leads WAS eat all memory
    out.

    Can somebody tell me how can I fix this issue and which tool can help me
    to do this? Why it happens on iSeries only but not on NT? any suggestion?

    Hans

  2. Re: Memory Leaks, WAS on iSeries

    While your application is running and chewing up memory, run ANZJVM. It will
    give you a fairly tidy analysis of what objects have been created during a
    time period and sizes, etc.

    chaihua@cn.ibm.com wrote:

    > Hi, Here
    >
    > There is a web application running on WAS on both iSeries and NT,
    > developed in servlet and jsp, accessing to DB2 by using JDBC. We find the
    > WAS instance on iSeries always reports lack memory and then dies after
    > running several days, but WAS on NT running fine. We have 2 GB memory on
    > AS400. I tried to use -verbosegc to have the garbage collection log. looks
    > JVM can not release all memory after GC and it leads WAS eat all memory
    > out.
    >
    > Can somebody tell me how can I fix this issue and which tool can help me
    > to do this? Why it happens on iSeries only but not on NT? any suggestion?
    >
    > Hans

+ Reply to Thread