Setting up a Data Source on an As400 Websphere server - Websphere

This is a discussion on Setting up a Data Source on an As400 Websphere server - Websphere ; Hi, I am currently running OneWorld Xe to HTML clients on an As400 JAS Web Server running Websphere v4.0.6. Does anyone know how to set up JDBC data sources on the As400 JAS to connect to an Oracle database (v8.1.7) ...

  1. Setting up a Data Source on an As400 Websphere server

    Hi,

    I am currently running OneWorld Xe to HTML clients on an As400 JAS Web
    Server running Websphere v4.0.6.
    Does anyone know how to set up JDBC data sources on the As400 JAS to
    connect to an Oracle database (v8.1.7) running on a separate box (NT)
    from within Websphere such that that data source can be used to query
    the Oracle tables from within the OneWorld event code running on the
    As400 Web Server?

    OneWorld Web Server
    As400
    Os400 R5V2
    Websphere 4.0.6

    Oracle Database Server
    NT4
    Oracle v8.1.7

  2. Re: Setting up a Data Source on an As400 Websphere server

    I don't know if it is possible. You would need to see if Oracle has a
    Type 4 pure Java JDBC driver which can be used remotely. If they did
    (and they supported using it on OS/400), then you should be able to put
    the jar file on the iSeries and set up the JDBC provider and data source
    resources as documented in the documentation.

    Ant wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am currently running OneWorld Xe to HTML clients on an As400 JAS Web
    > Server running Websphere v4.0.6.
    > Does anyone know how to set up JDBC data sources on the As400 JAS to
    > connect to an Oracle database (v8.1.7) running on a separate box (NT)
    > from within Websphere such that that data source can be used to query
    > the Oracle tables from within the OneWorld event code running on the
    > As400 Web Server?
    >
    > OneWorld Web Server
    > As400
    > Os400 R5V2