Release memory space - Websphere

This is a discussion on Release memory space - Websphere ; Hi, Here I have an application running on WAS for iSeries 5.02 Express. But there are something wrong in garbage collection. looks the program trying to eat out all memory from memory pool. Can anybody tell me how can I ...

  1. Release memory space

    Hi, Here

    I have an application running on WAS for iSeries 5.02 Express. But there are
    something wrong in garbage collection. looks the program trying to eat out
    all memory from memory pool. Can anybody tell me how can I force JAM to
    collect barbage and release memory space?

    Hans

  2. Re: Release memory space

    Hi,

    Runtime.getRuntime().gc()
    but it would not help, I suppose. WebsFear or your application might be ill.

    Dieter Bender

    Mississauga wrote:

    > Hi, Here
    >
    > I have an application running on WAS for iSeries 5.02 Express. But there
    > are something wrong in garbage collection. looks the program trying to eat
    > out all memory from memory pool. Can anybody tell me how can I force JAM
    > to collect barbage and release memory space?
    >
    > Hans

  3. Re: Release memory space

    Memory consumption/leaks can be caused by so many things and is typically
    difficult to diagnose. Is the amount of memory the job is consuming reasonable,
    or is it apparent that there is a memory leak somewhere? If the first, I don't
    know that there's a lot you can do aside from making sure the WAS pool has
    enough memory. If you think there's a leak, your best bet is to start with
    running ANZJVM on the Express job and see if you have an abnormally large number
    of certain types of objects. Hopefully you'll notice something suspicious and
    can figure out where the leak is originating and fix it. If you can't seem to
    make sense of it or don't make any progress, your best bet is to call service
    and have them help you out. -Byron

    Mississauga wrote:

    > Hi, Here
    >
    > I have an application running on WAS for iSeries 5.02 Express. But there are
    > something wrong in garbage collection. looks the program trying to eat out
    > all memory from memory pool. Can anybody tell me how can I force JAM to
    > collect barbage and release memory space?
    >
    > Hans

+ Reply to Thread