Agent Controller Problems - Websphere

This is a discussion on Agent Controller Problems - Websphere ; Hi, I have recently installed WebSphere 5.1 and I am having problems with the agent controller (everything was working fine with version 5.0). I have updated the value of the WAS_HOME_V5 therefore this shouldn't be the problem. I have verified ...

  1. Agent Controller Problems

    Hi,

    I have recently installed WebSphere 5.1 and I am having problems with
    the agent controller (everything was working fine with version 5.0).

    I have updated the value of the WAS_HOME_V5 therefore this shouldn't
    be the problem. I have verified that the agent controller is up and
    running and listening to port 10002. However, when trying to startup
    the remote server frow WebSphere Studio AD 5.0, the operation fails
    with the following message (in Spanish):

    IWAD0251E Se produjo un error cuando se iniciaba el servidor:
    IWAD0250E Asegúrese de que Remote Agent Controller está iniciado en la
    máquina del servidor remoto y que el directorio de instalación de
    WebSphere sea correcto.
    Asegúrese de que la variable WAS_HOME_V5 está establecida en el
    directorio de instalación de WebSphere correcto en Remote Agent
    Controller.

    Do I need a newer version of WebSphere Studio or should it work with
    the one I am currently using? Any other suggestions on what could be
    wrong with my settings?

    Regards,

    Gerardo

  2. Re: Agent Controller Problems

    You may want to post this on the ibm.software.websphere.studio400 newsgroup.

    maya wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have recently installed WebSphere 5.1 and I am having problems with
    > the agent controller (everything was working fine with version 5.0).
    >
    > I have updated the value of the WAS_HOME_V5 therefore this shouldn't
    > be the problem. I have verified that the agent controller is up and
    > running and listening to port 10002. However, when trying to startup
    > the remote server frow WebSphere Studio AD 5.0, the operation fails
    > with the following message (in Spanish):
    >
    > IWAD0251E Se produjo un error cuando se iniciaba el servidor:
    > IWAD0250E Asegúrese de que Remote Agent Controller está iniciado en la
    > máquina del servidor remoto y que el directorio de instalación de
    > WebSphere sea correcto.
    > Asegúrese de que la variable WAS_HOME_V5 está establecida en el
    > directorio de instalación de WebSphere correcto en Remote Agent
    > Controller.
    >
    > Do I need a newer version of WebSphere Studio or should it work with
    > the one I am currently using? Any other suggestions on what could be
    > wrong with my settings?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Gerardo

  3. Re: Agent Controller Problems

    Hi Maya,
    From what I can make out from the error message you posted(though I dont
    understand the language), I think I had the same problem too.
    I was able to get it running properly by
    1) uninstalling Agent Controller
    2) run the "IBM Agent Controller" windows installer package and
    3) then run the setup exe file from the folder named "ac" in the
    applicatio server toolkit cd.
    I am not sure if that would help you too..but you might give it a
    try...hope this helps.

    cheers
    SK

    On 25 May 2004 09:47:05 -0700, maya wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have recently installed WebSphere 5.1 and I am having problems with
    > the agent controller (everything was working fine with version 5.0).
    >
    > I have updated the value of the WAS_HOME_V5 therefore this shouldn't
    > be the problem. I have verified that the agent controller is up and
    > running and listening to port 10002. However, when trying to startup
    > the remote server frow WebSphere Studio AD 5.0, the operation fails
    > with the following message (in Spanish):
    >
    > IWAD0251E Se produjo un error cuando se iniciaba el servidor:
    > IWAD0250E Asegúrese de que Remote Agent Controller está iniciado en la
    > máquina del servidor remoto y que el directorio de instalación de
    > WebSphere sea correcto.
    > Asegúrese de que la variable WAS_HOME_V5 está establecida en el
    > directorio de instalación de WebSphere correcto en Remote Agent
    > Controller.
    >
    > Do I need a newer version of WebSphere Studio or should it work with
    > the one I am currently using? Any other suggestions on what could be
    > wrong with my settings?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Gerardo

  4. Re: Agent Controller Problems

    That generally happens when Remote Agent Controller cannot work with
    Websphere AppServer because it was already started when it the AC was
    installed. To assure is not that, untag the automatic start of the
    appserver, restart it, and then start the remote agent first. Then,
    start the appserver from your websphere IDE

    Best Regards

    santosh wrote in message news:...
    > Hi Maya,
    > From what I can make out from the error message you posted(though I dont
    > understand the language), I think I had the same problem too.
    > I was able to get it running properly by
    > 1) uninstalling Agent Controller
    > 2) run the "IBM Agent Controller" windows installer package and
    > 3) then run the setup exe file from the folder named "ac" in the
    > applicatio server toolkit cd.
    > I am not sure if that would help you too..but you might give it a
    > try...hope this helps.
    >
    > cheers
    > SK
    >
    > On 25 May 2004 09:47:05 -0700, maya wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have recently installed WebSphere 5.1 and I am having problems with
    > > the agent controller (everything was working fine with version 5.0).
    > >
    > > I have updated the value of the WAS_HOME_V5 therefore this shouldn't
    > > be the problem. I have verified that the agent controller is up and
    > > running and listening to port 10002. However, when trying to startup
    > > the remote server frow WebSphere Studio AD 5.0, the operation fails
    > > with the following message (in Spanish):
    > >
    > > IWAD0251E Se produjo un error cuando se iniciaba el servidor:
    > > IWAD0250E Asegúrese de que Remote Agent Controller está iniciado en la
    > > máquina del servidor remoto y que el directorio de instalación de
    > > WebSphere sea correcto.
    > > Asegúrese de que la variable WAS_HOME_V5 está establecida en el
    > > directorio de instalación de WebSphere correcto en Remote Agent
    > > Controller.
    > >
    > > Do I need a newer version of WebSphere Studio or should it work with
    > > the one I am currently using? Any other suggestions on what could be
    > > wrong with my settings?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Gerardo

+ Reply to Thread