Transfer application to install in remote Cell using JMX - Websphere

This is a discussion on Transfer application to install in remote Cell using JMX - Websphere ; Hello, Using the JMX interface, it seems the application EAR file must be available locally on the Deployment Manager where the application is installed (using AppManagementProxy.installApplication). Assuming the client initiating the installation is on a remote machine in a remote ...

  1. Transfer application to install in remote Cell using JMX

    Hello,

    Using the JMX interface, it seems the application EAR file must be available
    locally on the Deployment Manager where the application is installed (using
    AppManagementProxy.installApplication).

    Assuming the client initiating the installation is on a remote machine in a
    remote Cell, is there a built-in mechanism to transfer the file to the
    target DM's file system ? Would it be easier if the client was in the same
    Cell but on a remote Node ?

    "$AdminApp install" has the capability of passing the file to a remote DM,
    so I wonder how I can't find the equivalent in the JMX interface.

    Thx.

  2. Re: Transfer application to install in remote Cell using JMX

    WAS ND has "file transfer service" that allows to transfer files from node to node and from
    out-of-cell box to the dmgr's node (as far as I remember, not sure about "...to any node"). This
    service is available via JMX and therefore can be used from any JMX client including wsadmin. I even
    used it once from Jython script to do something similar to what you need

  3. Re: Transfer application to install in remote Cell using JMX

    Yes, the File Transfer Service is what came to my mind as well.

    But as far as I understand it, the FileTransferClient MBean allows two way
    copy between Node and DM *within* the same Cell
    (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ferClient.html).

    So, I'd be thankful if you could give details on how you achieved
    out-of-cell transfers.

  4. Re: Transfer application to install in remote Cell using JMX

    Ben_ wrote:
    > Yes, the File Transfer Service is what came to my mind as well.
    >
    > But as far as I understand it, the FileTransferClient MBean allows two
    > way copy between Node and DM *within* the same Cell
    > (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ferClient.html).
    >

    > So, I'd be thankful if you could give details on how you achieved
    > out-of-cell transfers.

    The cell is the management unit. I doubt that there are any capabilities
    built in to achieve cross-cell file transfer.

  5. Re: Transfer application to install in remote Cell using JMX

    any idea of the jython syntax for this, I can't get the right types passwd to the method

    aNode="myNode"
    transferBean = AdminControl.completeObjectName('type=FileTransfer Client,node=' + aNode + ',*')
    AdminControl.invoke(transferBean,"uploadFile", '/etc/hosts /tmp/hostsCopy')

    this gives me an error

  6. Re: Transfer application to install in remote Cell using JMX

    Hi, i am a system administrator and i have testing almost every single company in US, i would recommend going with GatorHost, they provide full management and they resell dedicated servers from ThePlanet. They are very good. I tried getting the same server from ThePlanet and it is cheaper but then you will not get full management where they will keep your server updated and fully secure against any hacker attacks.

+ Reply to Thread