Secure a Application with Application Server V6? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Secure a Application with Application Server V6? - Websphere ; Hello all, we have a simple web application without security functions. This web application is deployed in the application server and reachable over a specific port. Now the question: Can i secure this application only with functions from the application ...

  1. Secure a Application with Application Server V6?

    Hello all,

    we have a simple web application without security functions. This web application is deployed in the application server and reachable over a specific port.

    Now the question:

    Can i secure this application only with functions from the application server?

    I want a simple login windows with one fix user or so to test.

    Tank you very much in advice!

  2. Re: Secure a Application with Application Server V6?

    bpfeil@pfeilgmbh.de wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > we have a simple web application without security functions. This web
    > application is deployed in the application server and reachable over
    > a specific port.
    >
    > Now the question:
    >
    > Can i secure this application only with functions from the
    > application server?
    >
    > I want a simple login windows with one fix user or so to test.
    >
    > Tank you very much in advice!

    what WAS version, 6.0 or 6.1 ?

  3. Re: Secure a Application with Application Server V6?

    We use Version 6.0.0.1. Is the Version 6.1 already released????

  4. Re: Secure a Application with Application Server V6?

    Oh sorry, i mixed up with the Portal-Server.

    The WPS-Version is 6.0.2.17

  5. Re: Secure a Application with Application Server V6?

    bpfeil@pfeilgmbh.de wrote:
    > We use Version 6.0.0.1. Is the Version 6.1 already released????

    It's been out for at least a year. 6.0.0.1 is horribly back-leveled and
    probably full of bugs.

    6.1 ships with a user registry called VMM that provides a simple file
    based registry as its default configuration, that would get you started
    until you are ready to move to something like LDAP.

  6. Re: Secure a Application with Application Server V6?

    bpfeil@pfeilgmbh.de wrote:
    > Oh sorry, i mixed up with the Portal-Server.
    >
    > The WPS-Version is 6.0.2.17

    WPS? Are you talking about Process server? That is not out in 6.1 yet.
    You need to be clearer, on this n.g. I assume you are talking about WAS
    unless otherwise stated.

  7. Re: Secure a Application with Application Server V6?

    No im talking about Websphere Application Server. It should mean WAS not WPS.
    Sorry

+ Reply to Thread