Sharing session information between two applications in SEPARATEear/war files - Websphere

This is a discussion on Sharing session information between two applications in SEPARATEear/war files - Websphere ; Hi, I'm working in an environment that uses WS v6.0x . We have multiple web applications in separate ear files. Is it possible to share session values between these applications? I know this is not J2EE compliant and I've read ...

  1. Sharing session information between two applications in SEPARATEear/war files

    Hi,
    I'm working in an environment that uses WS v6.0x . We have multiple web applications in separate ear files. Is it possible to share session values between these applications? I know this is not J2EE compliant and I've read different answers to this question in other arenas on IBMs sites. If this is possible, what settings need to be set at the server level or can someone direct me to a definitive location for a correct answer?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Sharing session information between two applications in SEPARATEear/war files

    bblackmo@vignette.com wrote:
    > Hi, I'm working in an environment that uses WS v6.0x . We have
    > multiple web applications in separate ear files. Is it possible to
    > share session values between these applications? I know this is not
    > J2EE compliant and I've read different answers to this question in
    > other arenas on IBMs sites. If this is possible, what settings need
    > to be set at the server level or can someone direct me to a
    > definitive location for a correct answer?

    Yes, IBM provides this as an extension. Look under session manager in
    the infocenter, I'm sure it must be there.

  3. Re: Sharing session information between two applications in SEPARATEear/war files

    bblackmo@vignette.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm working in an environment that uses WS v6.0x . We have multiple web applications in separate ear files. Is it possible to share session values between these applications? I know this is not J2EE compliant and I've read different answers to this question in other arenas on IBMs sites. If this is possible, what settings need to be set at the server level or can someone direct me to a definitive location for a correct answer?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Not possible by configuring WAS. Some folks who've needed this
    functionality have implemented it themselves.
    Ken

  4. Re: Sharing session information between two applications in SEPARATEear/war files

    Ken Hygh wrote:
    > bblackmo@vignette.com wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I'm working in an environment that uses WS v6.0x . We have multiple
    >> web applications in separate ear files. Is it possible to share
    >> session values between these applications? I know this is not J2EE
    >> compliant and I've read different answers to this question in other
    >> arenas on IBMs sites. If this is possible, what settings need to be
    >> set at the server level or can someone direct me to a definitive
    >> location for a correct answer?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > Not possible by configuring WAS. Some folks who've needed this
    > functionality have implemented it themselves.
    > Ken

    Sorry, I was thinking sharing between WAR files, didn't read the
    question properly.

+ Reply to Thread